PDA

View Full Version : Night VFR

icecream_pilot
8th Jan 2008, 12:51
Hi everyone ,

Actually i've been searching around but no infos ,

I'm willing to do my CPL/IR to become a pilot

But i have this question :

Do i have to add a Night VFR rating or it's no usefull ?

Because i guess some flying schools i'm interested in offer NVFR rating as a plus and not including in my CPL/IR prog

What you guyz think ?

Thanx in advance:hmm:

timzsta
8th Jan 2008, 12:58
LASORS 2007 Section D para 1.2D. If you are doing the modular route if you do not already have a Night Rating then this must be completed as part of the CPL course.

icecream_pilot
8th Jan 2008, 13:07
thanx for your reply it means that if i'm taking the CPL/IR course it has to be in the course if not i have to add it right ?

Thanx

BillieBob
8th Jan 2008, 15:23
It rather depends on where you are intending to complete your CPL/IR. LASORS is only relevant to JAA licensing matters in the UK, where VFR at night is not permitted. Also, under JAR there is no such thing as a night rating - it's a night qualification.

2close
8th Jan 2008, 15:39
Presuming you hold a JAA PPL and are undertaking JAA CPL / IR.

In order to obtain a JAA Night Qualification (NOT Night Rating as no test or revalidation required) you need to fly 5 hours at night, 3 hours of which must be dual, one hour solo cross country and 5 x solo take offs and full stop landings.

If you do not hold this before commencing the CPL course then 5 hours of the CPL must be as above.

As said by BB, there is no such thing as VFR at night in the UK; all night flight is under IFR, whether in VMC or IMC.

HTH

2close

Edited to add: if you don't already hold a PPL you can do the Night Qualfication as part of your JAA PPL course although the probability is that this will be an extra 5 hours to the minimum 45 hours.

yellowsubmarine
8th Jan 2008, 17:41
If I could use this thread to ask a question of a similar ilk that I cannot find an answer to after quite a bit of searching.

I have recently been in Florida doing some hours building so i can start my CPL in Feb, when i left for the states i held a PPL but not the night rating. However i was able to fly at night out there with just my PPL, I flew approx. 30 hours at night including 4 with an instructor.

Obviously I would rather not do the night rating as part of my CPL (multi) as that would add a lot of money to the already spiraling costs.

So my question is with 30 hours of night flying what exactly more do i need to do in the UK to obtain my night rating?

Thankyou very much for any help.