PDA

View Full Version : SIDS/STARS on Line

jemax
8th Jan 2008, 08:21
Hi, just a quickie,

I have ordered an IFR Jepp manual but it's not arrived yet. I can get latest UK approach plates from the AIP, is there anywhere I can get the UK SIDS/STARS on line, have googled etc, but not had any joy.

Thanks

Bigears
8th Jan 2008, 08:42
Same place you got the approach plates: UK AIP, under 'Aerodrome and Heliport Index - Specific'. :ok:

jemax
8th Jan 2008, 08:53
Bigears, looked there already, not sure that it does, it tells you which sids and stars are applicable to a given airfield, but gives no description of what the DP's actually are, unless i'm missing something.

FloaterNorthWest
8th Jan 2008, 09:31
Jemax,

Go to the airfield you want, open it and it will give you lots of options textual data, ramp chart, ILS, SIDs and STARS, etc. If a SID/STAR isn't listed it doesn't have one.

FNW

jemax
8th Jan 2008, 09:42
Think I got it now,

http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/pdf/aerodromes/302KB01.PDF

gives standard Departure Procedures via airways but it does not have a plate for a SID as I doesn't actually have a SID, doh!

Flingingwings
8th Jan 2008, 15:00
Jemax,
Not quite so.
Biggin may have no SID listed but it does have them. They exist in our paper copy AIP and within the current Jepps. Presume only the larger airfields have ALL/More of the detail on the internet.

FW

Zero Thrust
9th Jan 2008, 01:57
You can get them here:

http://fly.dsc.net/u/Plan?

If you can't find them pm me.

fluffy5
9th Jan 2008, 17:29
hello darling,
try info@gcap, it's a simplified plates of what you fancy, might just be what you want.

fluff

PPRuNe Radar
9th Jan 2008, 18:18
Biggin may have no SID listed but it does have them. They exist in our paper copy AIP and within the current Jepps. Presume only the larger airfields have ALL/More of the detail on the internet.

Actually, Biggin doesn't have any SIDs. The entire route needs to remain within Controlled Airspace for SIDs to be established. What it does have, and are detailed in text in the AIP, are Standard Departure Routes.

The AIP maps all the UK published procedures which are designed in accordance with ICAO procedures, and that's for every airfield which has them, not just the larger ones. What it doesn't show on charts are any local procedures, which exist if the airspace cannot support them, or they can't meet ICAO procedure design criteria. These will appear in a text format within the individual aerodrome entry.