PDA

View Full Version : Converting FAA -> JAA and the airlines

hubbs1982
7th Jan 2008, 20:51
Hello,

I have had a look at LASORS and the converting license master thread, and as I understand it, if I were to hold a FAA ATPL without a type rating and without any PIC turbine time, I can still obtain a JAA ATPL if I meet these requirements:

• hold a valid JAR-FCL Class 1 medical certificate;
• Undertake ATPL(A) theoretical knowledge instruction as determined by the Head of Training of an approved training provider, and pass ALL of
the JAR-FCL theoretical knowledge examinations at ATPL(A) level;
• Qualify for the issue of a UK Flight Radio Telephony Operator’s Licence (FRTOL) -Section B refers;
• Undertake a multi-pilot aeroplane type rating course at an approved TRTO (see Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 1.220, Part B for a list of types);
• pass the ATPL(A) skill test in accordance with Appendices 1 and 2 to JAR-FCL 1.240 and 1.295 with, or observed by, a CAA Flight Operations
Training Inspector.

What I am interested to know is which European Airlines, if any, would take on a FAA rated pilot with say 6000TT and 5000 turbine SIC, pay for their type rating and allow them take the requisite skills test in order to obtain their license? Does it seem likely that the airlines would be willing to do this?

Thanks very much in advance

scooby79
8th Jan 2008, 23:17
I think air arran may validate FAA licenses