PDA

View Full Version : RAF on Corrie!!

AR1
7th Jan 2008, 19:13
Liam rescued by the light blue after falling down in the lakes.

Given Corries previous with positions of authority, - IE police arrogance and brutality, and in the same episode a dominatrix nurse, I half expected a close up of two handlebar moustached pilots, but they spared us that.

Got a Squadron Leader on the winch though, minor casting/props slip up...Or did somebody pull rank to get on the telly???

Double Zero
7th Jan 2008, 19:28
OK I'm a sad git, admitted, but in the days I had to watch 'Emmerdale' contiously with my girlfriend, I noticed the pub has wall plaques of a Red Arrows Hawk, and a Typhoon.

A friend of a friend involved with the production team ? Just very mildly curious, I suppose it could be because those aircraft are now regarded as fairly local to the set...

It's OK honestly, I see the girlfriend most of the time, and watch 'Stargate' the rest - actually I love 'Stargate for the tongue-in-cheek...such as " Mayday, we are SO going in ! "

leopold bloom
7th Jan 2008, 19:32
No, he really is a Sqn Ldr and a winchman.:ok:

Melchett01
7th Jan 2008, 20:58
Didn't see the episode in question, but that wouldn't have been M*** V*****y per chance?

Aynayda Pizaqvick
7th Jan 2008, 20:59
And you are admitting to watching corrie:=

Role1a
7th Jan 2008, 21:00
Mel01

Yes

Moose Loadie
7th Jan 2008, 21:14
or could it of been a Valley cab? Their boss is also a winchman.

Jet2Leeds
7th Jan 2008, 22:15
Aircraft:Seaking mk3 SAR from 202 sqn A flt Frame No ZE369

Raf Boulmer

BEagle
8th Jan 2008, 10:24
Whatever is 'Corrie'?

EyesFront
8th Jan 2008, 10:37
Never seen 'Corrie', but I have it on good authority that the Archers had a recent storyline about one of the younger female characters joining the RAF.

Gainesy
8th Jan 2008, 10:39
Whatever is 'Corrie'?
I believe it is some form of Skiffle Group, M'Lord.:suspect:

GPMG
8th Jan 2008, 10:55
Whatever is 'Corrie'?It was invented by a true hero and intellectual genius. It is designed to keep a wifes attention, to stop them thinking or talking.
Meanwhile, men around the country can use this ' nagging free period' to do manly things i.e tinker with old motorbikes in the garage, smoke a pipe whilst reading gentlemen's literature, enjoy fine wines / malts etc etc.

Also look under, 'benders', Neighbours, Holby and other related medical / vetiinary dramas (although Holby does have the benefit of having Tina Hobley in a Staff Nurses uniform, yum).

BEagle
8th Jan 2008, 11:09
One learns that 'Corrie', is, in fact, 'Coronation Street' which used to be nicknamed 'The Street'?

I vaguely recall seeing that around 45 years ago in grainy old 405 line black and white - with Ena Sharples, Albert Tatlock, someone called 'Contraceptive Hewitt' etc? It looked pretty grim 'oop North back then - and probably still is.

Whereas one's god-daughter's enthusiasm for 'Neighbours' led one to discover a variety of eminently $haggable Ozzie babes bouncing across the screen. So I pretend to watch it in order to keep up with god-daughter.....:E

Have just checked to see who Tina Hobley is......

A staff nurse's uniform you say..... That will certainly merit closer investigation!!

Wycombe
8th Jan 2008, 11:32
Tina's definately worth a look.

Holby also currently features Patsy Kensit, who I'm sure does it for some.

Susannah York was also in it a couple of years ago.... I can sense BEags getting all in a lather at the mere mention of her name.

Unchecked
8th Jan 2008, 11:33
OK I'm a sad git, admitted, but in the days I had to watch 'Emmerdale' contiously with my girlfriend, I noticed the pub has wall plaques of a Red Arrows Hawk, and a Typhoon.

I think they were presented as a thankyou from the producers to the RAF for not flying their aircraft around the Dales whilst filming. It often appears in the NOTAMS. The major culprit was Linton, hence the Sqn Print of the Tincan behind the bar of the pub.

BEagle
8th Jan 2008, 11:59
Patsy Kensit?

Oooh....yes! Well, certainly in Lethal Weapon 2. And very amusing in 'Blame it on the Bellboy'.

Holby is sounding more interesting by the minute!

Rude C'man
8th Jan 2008, 12:02
it was slippery

Phil_R
8th Jan 2008, 12:25
Good grief, aircraft can be asked nicely not to roar overhead while your're shooting films? I had no idea!

Now can we please just get the approach to Heathrow moved away from Fulham for the next 18 months...

snapper41
8th Jan 2008, 12:29
Never seen 'Corrie', but I have it on good authority that the Archers had a recent storyline about one of the younger female characters joining the RAF.

heard that episode - she attended OASC and got her results on the same day - must be a record!

EyesFront
8th Jan 2008, 16:40
Not sure it was OASC - I suspect one of the preliminary interviews with the CIO. Apparently one of the programme's scriptwriters was an RAF recruiter in a previous career

snaggletooth
8th Jan 2008, 17:19
The Slippery one has previous on this televisual junket; Weakest Link anyone? He was!

Double Zero
8th Jan 2008, 18:36
Unchecked,

Thanks that makes sense.

I wonder how the Sunday evening 'period drama' type film crews get on, I know it's difficult avoiding con-trails - so a SAR crew or Harrier trying to peer down the cleavage would spoil their day...

May be a tip there for you, how to get 'favours' or invites to sets & meet the tottie ?!

Would be a nice idea to offer such things to those ( on foot as well as airborne ) back from sandy places as little perks, in an ideal world - PR anyone...

DZ

FJJP
8th Jan 2008, 21:10
I remember some years ago I spotted a 360 Sqn plaque behind the bar of the Old Vic on East Enders....

[No, I don't normally watch it!]

TescoValue
9th Jan 2008, 21:44
Didn't know slippery got his half. Grats to him.:ok: