PDA

View Full Version : My Time At Cranfield Aviation Training School (CATS)

manjit singh toor
7th Jan 2008, 04:23
I started with CATS back in September 07. Had a fantastic time, Staff (instructors and admin and everyone else who’s required to run the school) were very friendly and extremely helpful. I decided to take some time off due to other commitments. When I returned I proceeded to continue at a nice pace. Coming forwards to the weekend just gone (5th & 6th Jan 08). It started off by traveling down to Bournemouth International Airport to visit a school called Fly PFT where there was a lecture explaining the connections between the two schools and the different course that each offered. This was followed by me flying a circuit of Gatwick Airport in a Boeing 737. It was truly an amazing experience. Then on the Sunday morning had a nice relaxing flight from Cranfield in the local area. With the afternoon leading to my PPL skills test. Which happily I can say I passed. Next stage is ATPL ground studies and if it’s anything like what I've experienced so far it will be absolutely fine. I'll keep you updated.

Turbine King
7th Jan 2008, 20:52
I know Stuart is 737-rated but circuits round Gatwick :}

Simulator we mean???

Who's sim is it and how many have they got?
And how does a pre-PPL get to go on a real 737 sim?

manjit singh toor
16th Jan 2008, 00:02
Hi yeah Sorry Forgot that bit lol. It was an Open day at the cats Affiliated flying School FLYPFT.
I was with a guy Called Mike Boulton. (Head of Training).
I thought it was fantastic i cant wait to go back. :-)

Greg2041
2nd Feb 2008, 20:57
Hi Manjit,

Really appreciate you taking some time out from studying and showing me around CATS last week.

I have decided to sign-up with them for the PPL/ATPL course and have emailed Stuart to that effect.

Very impressed.

Keep in contact!

Greg

manjit singh toor
10th Apr 2008, 17:14
Get in there CATS, did you write the exams?
They were all like CATS progress tests.
VCOM AND ICOM 2 MINS for £63 X 2

manjit singh toor
12th Aug 2008, 14:48
Hi This just a quick update on my progress at CATS.
I've taken quite alot of time off recently because of issues in Wolverhampton. But i'm back Studying harder than ever and hour building now, I plan to sit a few exams in september; i'll let you know how i get on.
:ok: Get these ATPLS done and concentrate on the flying more!!

sion22
12th Aug 2008, 15:03
Well done Manjit

Don't get distracted
The ATPLs are there for the taking :ok:

olliew
12th Aug 2008, 15:45
Hi Manjit,
Realy interesting reading about your progress. Is cats the only FTO you've been to?

bluenose81huskys
12th Aug 2008, 17:17
I've just started at CATS online DL (ATPLs), I have spoke to Stuart already and he sounds very helpful and wants to help and get you through the exams. I am studying STAGE 1 just now
Human Performance & Limitations
Air Law & ATC Procedures
Operational Procedures
VFR Communications
IFR Communications
Meteorology
I have explained to Stuart that my Maths is not up to scratch and I am indeed very worried about this part, so have been advised to leave til last and maybe go into stage 2 (In house) if i can get the time off work so I can be helped through the matter.
I really do need some help, somewhere along the line with Maths, have got Stuarts book (maths and physics for pilots) and the Mathematics Oat media oxford Ccse Mathematics cd too.

stiknruda
12th Aug 2008, 21:27
Manjit - we met at CATS on your first week. [Think outside the box/ flt envelope]

I have no axe to grind, I passed ALL of my exams within 7 months.

CATS may very well have worked well for you BUT in my honest opinion, it is particularly poorly organised and national students, who possibly have higher expectations than our brethren from the sub-continent, have not aways been so sated. Most of us may have experienced ground school/flt school at other places.

CATS on-line course work is fine, the manuals are fine but the G/S organisation is poor. Pitch up for G/S refersher and the syllabus changes daily. HoT seems to work to a different timezone to the rest of BST.

It is shambolic.

Anyway - drop me a PM with your contact number and we can arrange an RV (rendez-vous/meet up) and you can have a go in my jet;)!

Stik