PDA

View Full Version : EOS Advice Needed

TightSlot
6th Jan 2008, 22:45
Right!... Bit of an odd post this one, given that I'm on a fishing expedition, but here goes.

EOS have advertised for London Stansted based cabin crew - I've applied, and passed through the initial stages. Frankly, I suspect that a combination of age/weight/appearance and other stuff as yet unknown will count against me at interview - so it goes, some you win, some you lose.

On the chance that things work out well... Have any of you folks travelled EOS yet? What can you tell me about thee experience? Equally importantly, after the MaxJet failure, what's the feeling on the future of these types of airlines?

Excuse me for asking - it suddenly struck me that a rather useful pool of experience might be lurking on my doorstep (I'll review that phrase in the morning and see if I can mix in another metaphor). Thanks in antici...

pation.

Tolsti
8th Jan 2008, 12:30
Not flown with them... was hoping to later this year but I'd like to wish you all the very best of luck in your application. Go for it!!!

Cobalt
8th Jan 2008, 22:46
Flown with them once (2 legs) and was very happy.

Ground crew and FA stood out being VERY friendly and going out of their way to be helpful, and I think they primarily go for attitude and service skills - the FA/ground crew had a real mix of ages, shapes etc, definitely wasn't selected for single look or hair colour.

EOS appears to have good utilisation - at times colleagues have trouble getting on the flights we want, and my two flights were at about 80%, considering that they are premium only that is a pretty good load factor, so unless they get their pricing completely wrong they will at least cover the direct cost of their flights.

In terms of customer experience: Better than BA club world (which I used to travel a LOT) and a bit below BA first (which I got upgraded to a couple of times), and way above the American transatlantic carriers at a comparable price - our firm policy allows EOS travel and AA business travel as they apparantly cost about the same, and everyone tries to get on EOS.

The biggest risk is a huge downturn in business travel. If the banks force everyone into Economy EOS will have nothing to fall back on, but as you probably have experienced the axe will fall elsewhere, too... Other than that, if they can sustain their pricing there is good demand.

Good Luck!