PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Ground School

isi3000
6th Jan 2008, 17:20
Does anyone know if Bristol Ground School any good? Someone recommended it to me but i'm not sure. Also does anyone know the exact cost of an integrated course there?

scallaghan
6th Jan 2008, 17:26
Hi

I went to Bristol Ground School, I highly recommend them. The course materials are good and they also have a online question bank for practise exams.

They provide distance learning for the modular route.

Streety
6th Jan 2008, 17:59
Can't recommend them highly enough.

Streety

Agaricus bisporus
6th Jan 2008, 18:35
Never heard anything negative said about them.

All reports positive.

Currymonster
6th Jan 2008, 18:44
It is the dogs BolloXX , seriously, you will not go wrong with BGS..

I did mine there, still pinching myself that I passed all the exams... Well I must add

G SXTY
6th Jan 2008, 18:55
Agree with all the above. Word for word. :ok:

isi3000
6th Jan 2008, 19:31
Wow thanks everyone! Really helpful info :ok:. Also wondering if anyone did integrated training there and if so did you finish with a frozen atpl AND cpl/ir or did you just have one of them because i didn't understand the site said that well...

Quarto
6th Jan 2008, 20:13
I understand that Bristol Groundschool only do the theory part of the flying course (ie no flight training). The notes are really high quality and you get a useful computer program which contains all the paper material. I have not tried their online question bank as I can't seem to get my finger out and get on with learning the material!! (Any tips on increasing motivation very welcome!)
Cheerio,
Quarto

jordiebaby
7th Jan 2008, 11:56
i'm having the same problem, doing them for the second time round makes it even more challenging! major lack of motivation!

CloudBoy
7th Jan 2008, 15:18
Hi

I'm stuck as to whether to enrole for BGS or Oxford. I know that BGS is considered the best, however looking further down the training line I was considering the Oxford Waypoint Programme but understand you are not eligable if you have not done your GS with Oxford.

Wondered what people's thoughts were?

Thanks

CB

isi3000
7th Jan 2008, 19:12
Do Bristol do the CPL? Their website says they do but the person who answered the phone said they don't...

helicrazi
7th Jan 2008, 19:24
Just come across this listing on ebay, item number: 130186285633

They may be of some use to some of you!

TheChitterneFlyer
7th Jan 2008, 19:49
EBay might well be a cheap option for the study guides, but you won't get the full web support function that BGS offer with their own full package... second-hand books are worthless without the web connect function... which you won't get with a cheap set of second-hand books! You could have mine for free, except that I wish to keep them for my own reference. What use is a 'second-hand' set of books when you won't be registered for your Modular Course?

I've known Alex Whittingham for more years than I care to remember and you won't find a more enthusiastic flight training 'gentleman' anywhere else on the planet. BGS have a superb track record and their customer support is second to none.

TCF

CaptainKC
7th Jan 2008, 19:59
Top class!! The boys know the stuff backwards and know how to shovel it into you in plain langauge, brilliant notes, CBT very user friendly, very supportive and the brush up is excellent and very enjoyable. If you put the work in they will bring you up to a very high standard. BGS all the way:ok:

matt85
8th Jan 2008, 07:56
I know lots of professional pilots who used BGS nobody has a bad word to say about them.

Curvature
8th Jan 2008, 08:17
Having been exposed to both Oxford and BGS, there is no choice to be made:
Bristol Ground school is the best by far! Study their material and You will pass. Simple as that.:;)

icom
8th Jan 2008, 08:32
:D:DWhat Alex doesn't know is not worth knowing anyway, they are the best just don't bother with anybody else I went years ago and they have just gotten better and better. Its a no brainer

officer flappy
10th Jan 2008, 21:16
I just did Mod 1 with BGS, and they were different standard, the course notes were good but its the bruch up course where you make back the money, its two weeks of 15 hour days but its quality!!

Leezyjet
10th Jan 2008, 21:29
:)Does anyone know if Bristol Ground School any good?

Clue's in the name :ok:

(Any tips on increasing motivation very welcome!)

I had the same problem, started Mod 1 but ended up going full time elsewhere in the end. Not in anyway due to Bristol I might add - would have gone to them if they did full time, more due to my own sheer laziness when left to do anything like that by myself, but working in the industry for 12 hours a day dealing with aeroplanes/passengers then coming home and trying to learn about them really takes it out of you !!. :ugh:

Have a look at the flight deck video's on flightlevel350.com/Youtube if you need inspiration. There used to be a wicked video an AA pilot made for his daughter on Youtube, but he had to delete it as AA disapproved that I used to watch about once a week for my motivation !!.

:\

mattia_70
20th Feb 2008, 19:24
Hi,
I am currently training for my PPL but it's taking forever due to several circumstances beyond my control (weather is only one of them).
I then would like to enroll at Bristol Ground school for ATPL DL but they will not take me without PPL which means I will not be enrolling until mid-summer.

I am eager to start studying (I already passed all my PPL exams and I cannot wait too long as I will go back to my home country soon and then it will be difficult to come to Bristol where I now live) so I am here to propose the following:

I am ready to "pay a rent" for Bristol Ground School study material (only the book, not the on-line access) for Module 1 from any one who has already passed Module 1. When I enroll to Bristol Ground school I will give the material back (I will not write on it).

I see it as a win-win-win situation as I will be able to start studying right away, the person who will "rent" me the books will make some money (let's say 100£) and will get the books back and Bristol Ground School will get their money when I enroll.
We can found a way to guarantee that I will give the material back (for example I could give a deposit).

Anyone interested?
Or anyone has a better suggestion than this and than buying the whole OAT package of books?

Thanks

dartagnan
21st Feb 2008, 10:05
Some pilots who did Bristol.GS and passed first time, did a special request to the CAA to mark a"fail" so they can return to Bristol for more groundschool!!

some are nuts!:eek: