PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Flight Training JOC

5 RINGS
4th Jan 2008, 20:44
Hello everybody and best wishes for 2008!

Has anyone attended AFT JOC on their CRJ FNPT2 and wouldn't mind sharing his/her experience with us?

Cheers,

5 Rings

tom_ace
5th Jan 2008, 14:50
i did the MCC on the CRJ at AFT, highly recommended - very experienced instructors and the sim is top notch. Craig

5 RINGS
5th Jan 2008, 19:12
Hi Tom!

Could you please expand a bit more...handling qualities, profiles, Jet specific bits of training etc...

cheers,

5 Rings

pilotatlast
7th Jan 2008, 10:06
My Brother recently completed a JOC with AFT. He said that the CRJ 200 sim was very good and that the course was well run with very knowledgeable Instructors (all current or ex airline pilots). Now that they run JOC for FLyBe he felt that completeing the course with AFT would help him get an interview with FlyBe, which it has!

tom_ace
7th Jan 2008, 11:38
yeah, it's well worth it. i did the MCC with them. Typical day was 1 hour brief, weather, route, fuel plan etc. Get in the sim and fly a full profile from the stand - prepare aircraft, sid into airways join, star into approach (which wasn't always an ILS) then shut the aircraft down. There's no corners cut, you'll fly the profile as if it were a real line flight, but they will probably throw some emergencies in; infact toward the end of the week you'll be constantly handling emergencies.

As i did the MCC we flew the aircraft mainly on the automatics, becuase we were focusing more on the CRM aspect, but on the JOC you get a lot of handling time. If you're moving up from a Seneca or other light twin it's a very steep learning curve; everything happens twice as fast - but I didn't think it was a bad thing - it will be just the same on a type rating course.

The sim is immaculate and exact, as for handling; I don't know how a CRJ handles so I can't compare.

Between the two sim instructors there is some serious airline time - there's no lack of experience.

and no, i dont work for them!
Craig

5 RINGS
7th Jan 2008, 18:12
Thanks to you both for replying.

I'm to take this JOC as FlyBe's interview final stage or pre-training stage, depending on how you want to look at it. Twin pistons are long gone as far as I'm concerned, but still, I'll have to learn!!!