PDA

View Full Version : Are flightworks still going?

manfromuncle
4th Jan 2008, 20:18
Are they still trading in any form? Website is still "live" but Wycombe outfit closed long ago.

Helinut
4th Jan 2008, 21:43
I believe they disappeared off the face of the earth. They had one or two residual activities after they left Wycombe, but not for a while now. You could look in Companies House to see the status of the company

manfromuncle
4th Jan 2008, 21:47
Yeah, will check companies house in the morning (it doesn't open after 5pm). The reason I ask is their website domain name was renewed recently.

windowseatplease
5th Jan 2008, 11:16
http://www.flightworks.co.uk/contactus.htm

Contact details still there.

I believe the people behind flightworks tried to start a helipad in Dagenham - a shuttle service to Paris? Called 'breeze aviation'??

Qualityman
8th Jan 2008, 19:48
I was employed by Flightworks as the Ops Manager, then asked to be the MD of the bit at Wycombe. :O The whole "Group" of companies always seemed very fractured, no real structure or direction to them. :ugh:
I resigned as a Director when I realised that all the profits were disapearing to prop up other ventures or start new ones and that I had no control over the business or bank accounts at all. :ugh::ugh:
The business at Wycombe Air Park was indeed sold on to an ex-student and became Time Aviation for a short period, but sadly once again the venture was ill fated. It always irked me that the staff in the offices, the CPL's and Instructors were always in the firing line for complaints and recieving a slagging off when they had no actual control over how the "profits" were used.:ugh::ugh::ugh:
The "Flightworks Group" was broken up and sold off in pieces, and lots of people were left high, dry and dissapointed.
Breeze Aviation was one of the "other ventures", headed by one of the original partners of the Flightworks group, and made a bit of headway for a time after Flightworks, but I believe ultimately went down the pan losing some very hefty sums for the private Investors. Great concept, wrong city. When will they learn.
With regards to the website, the main guy behind Flightworks was a bit if an I.T. guru and had all that firmly under his personal control. Wouldn't be suprised if the re-registration had occurred automatically, billed to his personal card! But even with all his I.T. Experience the Flightworks website was absolutely apalling. No accounting for taste!:eek:

At last the Skyline/Virgin/Skyhopper/Flightworks/Time facilities are in the hands of the right people. Long live Heli-air, Congratulations to John and the new Mrs. Michalakis, and god bless all who fly from there!!!:D

Paul Curtis.

p.s.
I love Smilies.

SoundByDesign
9th Jan 2008, 01:17
Here's another smilie for you collection Qualityman:

:helo: