PDA

View Full Version : Funding Difficulties froms past cause pain

GATZY
4th Jan 2008, 06:45
I have spent much of my working life trying to attain my dream of being a commercial pilot but never having money to do it properly.
doing jobs and careers to provide me with adequate funding for living (which always taken the biggest chunk) and my ambition(not much left).
i always searched for routes to get to my goal even joining the military in a non aviation role to work towards a military helicopter pilots course did not happen as i was to oldŽ:ugh:(and did not have the time to chase my civil dream in the MIL) so left this behind.

now on a UNI aviation course i need funding.
naturally thought of HSBC and there PRO studies loan(PSL)
applied and guess what a certain mobile phone company put a bad mark on my credit history.
now i cannot get the loan i was hoping for so prob have to find another career to support this and this will take time again:ugh:

the company in Q said i owed them money for unexplained Data usage i disagreed was told to write a letter which i did i then cancelled my contract out of disgust.

never heard from them again until applying for this loan.

the little B/Stards only CCJd me with me being aware.

about a year prior to this i settled a 7000 loan
how can i have this black mark?

question is can this be reversed anyone else had drama like this?
any advice how you solved it?

Hyph
4th Jan 2008, 13:07
The company who put the 'black mark' on your credit file is the only one who can remove it.
If this is all that's stopping you from your dream, swallow your pride, contact the mobile phone company and ask them very nicely to remove the details from your credit history.
They may ask you to pay what they think you owe them. Try to negotiate - appear willing - some money for them is better than no money. Remember, they are holding all the Aces. You need to give them what they want, not the other way around.
I have a niggling feeling that the CCJ info comes directly from the Court Service, in which case you need to get that shown as 'settled' rather than an outstanding CCJ.
Go to moneysavingexpert.com (http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/credit-rating-credit-score#improve) and follow the advice for repairing and improving your credit history.
Hope this is useful.

4KBeta
4th Jan 2008, 14:07
As said above, the company/requestor are usually the only type of people that can remove these marks. How long ago are we talking here?

As for CCJ's , they are only court issued...hence County Court Judgement. Were you never contacted about any outstanding debt / bills etc? It does take a LONG time for these type of things to come around. Did you move house without forwarding addresses etc?

Also as above, firstly contact the company. See what they have to say and how much / what you owe them. Also when they cancelled your contract. Remember the calls are recorded. If they aren't really helping ask for all the data held on your record to be sent to you (usually a charge) but they have to do this by law on your request.

Secondly, go have a word with your local citizens advice bureau. Take all appropriate documents and PROOF that you cancelled your contract by letter, though that usually involves a receipt which most people don't keep.

Thirdly, depending on what company it is, have a word with Financial Odbudsman Service (depends if they are governed by them) See what they have to say and if they can help.

Hope it helps.