PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic VS075 MAN-MCO

AdamC
4th Jan 2008, 05:52
Hi guys,

Does anyone know what aircraft Virgin are currently operating on the Manchester to Orlando route?

I'm due to fly out on Thursday and would like to know what entertainment system is being used, so I can start packing my own entertainment if need be!!

Adam.

jet2impress
4th Jan 2008, 10:09
Virgin operate their 747-400 on that route. Each seat will have its own PTV, so need need to bring your own entertainment.

Have a good trip!! :)

spanishflea
4th Jan 2008, 11:42
Its the older 747 subfleet that is based at Gatwick operating the MAN-MCO route. This means you will be getting the older generation entertainment system.

barry lloyd
4th Jan 2008, 13:25
I wouldn't worry too much about the IFE. The best entertainment you're going to get is waiting at least one and a half hours at MCO immigration to have your fingerprints taken, then collecting your bags and putting them in another system to take them to the main terminal for customs inspection, while you get on the Gatwick-style shuttle, and wait while the bags are delivered - again. Enjoy!

AdamC
6th Jan 2008, 11:24
Oh dear, that certainly sounds like my idea of fun... not! :ugh:

I heared you can carry your bags with you without putting them on the 2nd belt, which speeds everything up a touch?

Does MCO immigration really take that long? - Last year at SFB it only took 20 minutes.

barry lloyd
6th Jan 2008, 13:42
SFB is a totally different story. The above is my experience from last June, and I wasn't even on holiday!
There was no chance of taking your bags with you when I went through - it may have changed. Incidentally, because it took so long to go through immigration, the bags had been put on the floor to free up space on the carousel, and it was a bit like the sales, everybody scrambling to find what they wanted. To be fair, I might have been unlucky, but the sheer volume of people (families with several kids) just slows down the whole process. Even MIA is quicker these days, but that's a relative observation!:rolleyes:

NotTheOrganGrinder
6th Jan 2008, 14:00
I got back from Orlando 1 week ago, we waited for 3 hours on the 14th Dec to get through customs, the 2 year old *loved* that...

:mad:

mikeyuk
6th Jan 2008, 15:31
Dont forget Virgin crew are on strike that day.

AdamC
7th Jan 2008, 14:24
Oh dear.. Not looking forward to MCO!

Virgin strikes don't effect our flight, well, as of yet anyway. From what Virgin have told me, it's LHR flights that are mainly effected.

I'm actually hoping we divert to SFB for whatever reason now.. I just read about MCO and it doesn't sound good at all! :(

amanoffewwords
7th Jan 2008, 14:47
I went through MCO 6-7 years ago and went through the scenario as described above - in fact we had to collect our bags 3 times (before immigration, after and once more while collecting our rental car) - total time in airport > 3hrs by which time the a/c was well on its way back to LGW...it almost ended in a riot :ugh:

TightSlot
7th Jan 2008, 17:29
Strike now appears OFF - see thread in CC forum (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=307456) for update

AdamC
12th Jan 2008, 13:04
MCO was fine! - No long waits at all, from aircraft to hire car took just over a hour! :)

The biggest entertainment from MCO was the that on arrival, you have to pass through the departure lounge, so security staff are stood there with ropes to let you cross over to catch a monorail - Made me chukkle.

Now I have 3 weeks to enjoy the lovely weather! :)

barry lloyd
12th Jan 2008, 14:59
Adam

Pleased to hear it! It's nice to know you can sometimes get thru MCO without a load of hassle.

AdamC
3rd Feb 2008, 15:23
Rather pleasent experience departing MCO too! - Lots of people holding up security trying to take liquids onboard, then I forget nothing can be put onto of your laptop and place my shoes on top of it - They then decided to screen the laptop and shoes on 3 more occasions!

I've actually taken to MCO, it's a rather nice well designed modern airport. I certainly will be using it again! :ok: