PDA

View Full Version : Bristol.gs and then practical training in the US?

TheSwede
3rd Jan 2008, 03:25
I am a purser with a scandinavian airline since many years back. My lifetime dream has always been to work as a pilot. I have gained my PPL and have about 50 hours of PIC-time SE/VFR. Now, a few years away from my 40th birthday I think that I at least have the financial possibility to achieve this dream. I know getting a job will be hard but in 20 years time i don't se myself as captain of an A380. I would be happy to fly night cargo on a small turbo prop.

One possibility would be Bristol.gs ATPL as a distance cource and then do the practical I/ME/CPL in the US for a JAA-license. Have searched the web but do all schools only sell the full package? I can't stay more then a few months in the US as I have my full time job (on average about three days a week...) in europe.

dartagnan
3rd Jan 2008, 09:50
you can be modular in the USA for a FAA CPL/IR.

study Bristol.GS at home.

in UK, you can convert by doing the cpl/IR.

like this, you will have 2 licenses at the same price.

TheSwede
3rd Jan 2008, 12:11
Thank you, but I am not interested in a FAA licence. I am only going for the JAA-licence.

Any inputs?

Finals19
3rd Jan 2008, 13:26
Bristsol GS for the groundschool. They are undeniably the best in distance learning, arguably one of the top places to get your ATPL's in the UK.

Ideally, you want to do your training European airspace if that is where you are going to be working. It may seem more pricey, but by the time you go and get a foreign licence and convert it can all add up. If you want to do the JAA training in the US with an approved schoo, then you can, but it may have slightly less face value on your CV then having done it in Europe.

zlocko2002
4th Jan 2008, 09:12
Im mil helicopter pilot and soon I will start training in medugorje-airlines.com, they are small new company in Bosnia and Hercegovina, and after that I will stay and fly for them as a pilot. in a few months they will have fully operational school and charter company

TheSwede
4th Jan 2008, 22:27
Sounds more like a nightmare then a dream to me.

Bosnia is OK if it's a fast turn around. Otherwise I stay out!

Any tips on schools in the US??? Florida, California, Arizona for training in Nov/Dec?