PDA

View Full Version : Female Pilots

jenni225
1st Jan 2008, 19:36
Hi, im a 21 year old female, im currently working full time. My ambition is to become a pilot, i do not have very much experience. My dad is a pilot and ive just started studying for my PPL. Thats about it. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to go about getting my licence.
Thanks, Jenni

bri1980
1st Jan 2008, 19:39
Hi Jenni-welcome aboard!

I'm sure if you do a full search there will be hundreds of threads that should give lots of helpful advice.

My advice about the advice is don't take it all literally! You have to design the course and training that suits YOU-and nobody else! If you can afford the 70k to go integrated and you want to get flying asap, then maybe thats the route for you. Otherwise search for modular training.

If you need any more advice feel free to PM me.

B

PS. Please let's not turn this into the modular v integrated debate-its old hat now and not terribly useful!

UncleNobby
1st Jan 2008, 19:59
Sounds to me like your dad is the best resource to help guide you along, can't beat experience!

maxdrypower
2nd Jan 2008, 17:21
If it aint here it aint worth knowing , be patient though

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131649

TheFlyingWoman
2nd Jan 2008, 20:19
Hi there.

As you are working full time you can make the choice of training part-time whilst still working or giving up the day job and going to a college for an integrated.

Like the guy says lets not start the integrated / modular route debate again, I only raise it for you as you are already working / earning. With your age, you also dont need to rush if you dont want... either to complete fATPL as soon as possible or rush into an airline job. There is plenty of pleasure and much experience to be gained in instructing for a while, admittedly not much money though.

Unless of course you have already definitely decided you want to fly airlines.

pm me if you want

Good luck girl.
tfw