PDA

View Full Version : What happens if you don't get the job?

above_trutth
31st Dec 2007, 19:16
Hi!

I'm soon finished with my PPL-A, and will continue with CPL and ATPL. But I have one question for you all:

What happens if you don't get a job? Will you NEVER be able to try again in that airline, or may you come back later? It is a pitty if you may not have your best day, and your dream airliner "blocks" you out of the company with no further attempts.

Lets say that I would like to work for Austrian Arrows (or Airlines), and I qualify for everything. But then I fail at the interview. Will I get the oportunity to try again later?

Thanks for any "help" here! It's kinda scary to think of :rolleyes:

Findigenous
31st Dec 2007, 19:38
If you fail the psychological part of the testing, you will most certainly not be able to apply again. But fail for other reasons? Maybe.

Arfur Feck-Sake
31st Dec 2007, 21:26
Some airlines won't accept a further application within six months or a year following an unsuccessful attempt.

Hufty
1st Jan 2008, 19:07
I would just check with them - some let you re-apply after a fixed period....

I wouldn't get too hung up on one company though - if you go into your interview thinking "I MUST GET THIS JOB" then you're going to be so uptight that you'll probably try too hard and blow it. That happened to me when I went for my first flying job interview. Turned out to be the best thing that could have happened though as a better job was round the corner - one that I would never have applied for if I had got the first one.

In my previous life, the interviews that went well were the ones where I was relaxed....it lets your own personality and sense of humour come out and that is what the want to see.

Good luck..

Big Frank
2nd Jan 2008, 08:33
above_trutth, I went to the Austrian Arrows assessment just before Christmas and i've been told I can reapply within a couple of months. I passed the psych part, but know of other people who didn't and were still asked back. But like Hufty says, don't get too hung up on just working for one company - there's plenty out there!! :ok: