PDA

View Full Version : Italian Bank

CY333
31st Dec 2007, 15:34
Hi all and want to wish you a happy new year in a few hours.
A few days ago got in my hands by a friend pilot the Italian Feedback as a windows pr. so I can run it on the pc.
I believe is called Volair if I am not wrong but want your opinion on these feeback questions, if anyone ever used them.
They are broken down to subjects and it indicates the right or wong answer.
Is it worth checking them out if i am doind a ground school in the UK or do they only apply for Italy?

gmac1977
31st Dec 2007, 17:08
If its the one i'm thinking of its THE question bank that many a school are making a fortune out of!!!

CY333
31st Dec 2007, 18:06
Looks like i am lucky then ;)

TwoTone-7
31st Dec 2007, 18:23
This may shed some light.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=304966

Alex Whittingham
31st Dec 2007, 19:08
It's version 6 of the Central Question Bank. We're now using CQB13 in the UK and CQB14 has just been issued, it may already be in use in some States. The Volare bank still contains many relevant questions but many of the more contentious ones have been removed in current exams, particularly in Air law, and many more have been amended and added in. I'd guess about 900 questions have been taken out or amended and 700 to 800 added in up to CQB13, possibly more. With those caveats it is still a reasonable revision aid. Many of the free 'question banks' floating around are bulked up with progress test questions from OAT and ourselves from the early days of the JAA exams. The Volare bank is usually in PDF format with 'Volare' or 'Professione Volare' on each page. If yours is like that it's not bulked out, it's pure CQB6.

CY333
31st Dec 2007, 20:13
No volare on the one i got just it says Quiz.
As far as i know this one was given to my friend by an italian guy whos mother worked in ENAC – the Italian Civil Aviation Authority.

CY333
31st Dec 2007, 20:56
As we are talking about this subject I have a question.
Question banks like Bristol has , could help a student at another college?
I mean all the exams are common for all the schools or every schools conduct their own.
I am asking because when i did my B1 engineers lisence,each school made their own exam so i want to know if bying the Bristol bank could help me if i study in Cabair for example.
I know this could sound a bit stupid but just want to get the facts right.

TwoTone-7
31st Dec 2007, 21:09
Yes you can.

As many OAT students also subscribe and use the Bristol QB.

CAUGHTSHORT
1st Jan 2008, 00:40
Nonsense!

The QUIZ italian bank is still very useful. Rumour has it that this is the database of questions that started the whole jaa questions war.

Use it abuse it. You'll be surprised how many questions you'll find in the actual exams. All this CQB6/12/100 malarky is rubbish.

My advice... learn, i repeat learn your subjects, dont rely on questions. your cheating yourself. After you have learnt that lesson use the THE QUIZ and walk through the exams