PDA

View Full Version : Help. 737 - 700 Sim Time? Where?

TwoTone-7
29th Dec 2007, 14:35
Hi Guys,

I have an interview coming up which includes a session in a 737-700 sim. Does anyone know where I can go to get an hour or so on the sim. So as to familiarise myself with the main controls etc.

I am currently staying in Preston so somewhere in Northwest would help. :)

Thanks for any help.

T-7

adverse-bump
29th Dec 2007, 14:37
the "main controlls" are the same as every other plane! so why not just hire a c150!!!
i dont now anywhere in the nw, try that parc place in ireland.

bri1980
29th Dec 2007, 15:00
Real Simulation have a 737-200 sim in Knaresbrough. Virtual Aviation also have some 737-NG sims available and can create your session to suit the particular airline profile you are going to fly. The downside is the NG sim is at Gatwick I think.

B

Shiny side down
29th Dec 2007, 16:49
IAGO solutions could be worth a go (GCAT, with a TRI/E) to get currect and practice.

fireflybob
29th Dec 2007, 18:01
Before I got my latest job I invested in some time with:-

Yorkshire Flight Centre (http://www.yorkshireflightcentre.co.uk/)

They were very helpful and also knew a lot about what my potential employers were looking for - I highly recommend them.

Don't be put off by the fact that they do not have a - 700 sim - there are lots of similarities etc.

TwoTone-7
30th Dec 2007, 00:13
Thanks guys, I'm going to give Real Aviation a call as they are the nearest and time is short. :(

I know the sim I have to go is a 737-700, would the 737-200 be just as good? :}

IRRenewal
30th Dec 2007, 07:40
PM user here on PPRUNE called virtualaviation. He can sort out some proper -700 sim time if that is what you're after.

bri1980
30th Dec 2007, 09:07
PM user here on PPRUNE called virtualaviation. He can sort out some proper -700 sim time if that is what you're after.

Absolutely true: they can do short notice as well if that is what you need. I also know that they know a fair few of the airline profiles and can probably give you practice not only on the exact sim, but also the same profile you will do on the day. I'm not sure if Real Simulation have this level of 'inside' knowledge.

Sure virtual aviation will be more expensive-but if you get the job it will be money well spent I'm sure.

see http://www.virtualaviation.co.uk/training.html

All of that said, I'm sure whichever you go for the experience will stand you in good stead on the day!
B

Funkie
30th Dec 2007, 11:41
TwoTone-7, Yorkshire is very good, I used them and it helped. However, it's based on a -200 and that's a very different machine to the -700. They may be able to help with the assessment profile, but if it's on the NG it's of no use!

Try virtual aviation, who I think use ALTEON at LGW. AFAIK, there are only two NG sims in the UK, GECAT at LGW and as previously mentioned. What do RYR use at EMA?

Best tips - be wary of the pitch-power couple and anticipate. Do not **** the thrust levers on the ILS, 55/60%n1 and +2.5 pitch att will be a good starter for 10. Don't use the rudder in turns as they're a foot rest, aim for 25 AoB. Also, your PM should be used for whatever you feel you need, but don't take the piss! An assessment is not only about your flying skills, CRM will play an important role!

Good luck.:ok:

TwoTone-7
2nd Jan 2008, 13:19
Thanks Guys,

Due to time constraints I'm going to Real Simulation tomorrow in Yorkhire.

Should be interesting. :ok: