PDA

View Full Version : It's all for charity...

MATZ
29th Dec 2007, 04:52
From the MOD website:
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/PeopleInDefence/TroopsGetRunningForASpecialCharityChristmas.htm
http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/E47A326D-E573-44C1-9504-313CD41B4819/0/CAU70DAR.jpg
I know it's all for charity, but a man-kini......:=
Well done all for your sterling efforts.
MATZ

L1A2 discharged
30th Dec 2007, 11:48
Hope that the bean counters dont see this. Was the facilities overhead charged at the correct rate? :uhoh:

How can the MoD milk this, and other similar, events for positive publicity when drawing in a percentage of the money raised for the treasury to:mad:ots.:ugh:

Impiger
30th Dec 2007, 12:44
L1A2 - Don't be so negative. Stn Cdrs (or budget holders) have always been allowed to waive all charges if the event has a 'charitable' purpose or where there is benefit to Defence. The definition of charitable, and indeed benefit, in this context can be enormously ambiguous and so long as you don't ask anyone the question it is very unlikely that anyone will ask you to justify your waiver. Where we do run into trouble is over the big events like Airshows where there is a very obvious charging mechanism - so top tip: keep it small and off the radar - and of course have loads of fun while doing good work.:ok:

Climebear
30th Dec 2007, 12:55
Impinger

L1A2 - Don't be so negative. Stn Cdrs (or budget holders) have always been allowed to waive all charges if the event has a 'charitable' purpose or where there is benefit to Defence. The definition of charitable, and indeed benefit, in this context can be enormously ambiguous and so long as you don't ask anyone the question it is very unlikely that anyone will ask you to justify your waiver. Where we do run into trouble is over the big events like Airshows where there is a very obvious charging mechanism - so top tip: keep it small and off the radar - and of course have loads of fun while doing good work

I'm afraid your wrong there. The Stn Cdr does not have the authority to waive charges - it would appear that the concept of mission command doesn't apply in this regard (and too many others). The charges are set by Defence Estates and a Station needs to apply to HQ Air (Corporate Governance IIRC) for either waiver or an abatement . The relevent JSP (sorry can't remember the number - even I'm not that blunt) makes it clear that charities including Service charities are not a special case and should be charged accordingly. The justification for the waiver (normally meeting the Engagement Strategy) is heavily scrutinised.

flipflopman RB199
30th Dec 2007, 12:59
That's a very sturdy set of red legs Superwoman is displaying there.

Not sure I'd have liked to have been standing where the cameraman is, that's for sure! :E

Flipflopman

TescoValue
30th Dec 2007, 22:02
Isn't that Ben Stiller from Dodgeball in the Man-kini?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2004/08/20/images/ben_stiller_interview_top.jpg

PICKS135
30th Dec 2007, 23:24
May seem a bit of a daft question. But where did the costumes come from ?
Has 'Mr Benn' opened a fancy dress shop in Basra ??

benzonar
31st Dec 2007, 01:03
Judging by the look of the man-kini I would guess that Basra is currently experiencing a cold snap.