PDA

View Full Version : Get Ready To Gate Check Your Hand Baggage!

bealine
28th Dec 2007, 20:31
Okay, so January 7th sees the BAA set to relax the one piece of hand-baggage rule!

As a gentle reminder before the floodgates open, British Airways only allows two pieces of cabin baggage (which must fit the sizing gauge without forcing) in First Class and Club. Passengers travelling economy are only allowed one cabin bag for the overhead bin and one small briefcase or laptop which, if you decide to take it, MUST be placed under the seat in front of you! Most "heritage" airlines have similar cabin bag allowances.

Please do not attempt to exceed your cabin allowance. BAA may send you back from the security line, in which case you will probably miss your flight, or you may delay your flight while we gate check excess cabin baggage (or possibly leave the extra bags behind to get the flight away on time!)

Final 3 Greens
29th Dec 2007, 07:35
A gentle reminder that many of us no longer fly BA, because of the appalling disruption to our travel that we have suffered over the past few years and the general decline in service levels.

leave the extra bags behind to get the flight away on time

Well BA has plenty of street cred in separating luggege from pax :}

WHBM
31st Dec 2007, 11:17
Carriers like BA have only themselves to blame for why people try to take so much hand baggage nowadays. At minimum the wait times for baggage delivery are far worse than they used to be years ago (with the same aircraft and the same loads) and that stretches up to baggage losses far ahead of anything that used to happen. This is why we want to carry it with us.

I don't see what business it is of BAA to intervene in how much baggage I carry through security. They are a security check for prohibited items and not some form of surrogate self-appointed middleman between myself and the carrier to whom I have contracted to be carried, together with my possessions. It is notable that BAA make no effort whatever to stop me purchasing, and then hand-carrying to the aircraft, 20 bags if I choose to purchase them in their "duty free" stores immediately beyond security.

RevMan2
4th Jan 2008, 20:18
The words "brewery", "organise", "p1$$up" spring to mind.....