PDA

View Full Version : Cal's Resignations

domani
28th Dec 2007, 17:52
140 PILOTS LEFT CAL IN 2007 AND MORE TO COME NEXT MONTH AS SOON AS THEY GET THEIR 13 MONTH SALARY AND BONUS.
IS THAT A RECORD?
AND WHAT IS CAL DOING ABOUT IT? NOTHING:ugh:

squarecrow
28th Dec 2007, 18:04
Not surprised, Plenty of better positions coming up elsewhere so why stay there?
CAL Managment sound like the usual Ostriches,

blackbird71
28th Dec 2007, 20:22
Sounds familiar in that part of the world.

Great business sense.

Parking aircraft that could be making you money, i see the logic in that (NOT!!).

2008 is the year of the RAT......how appropriate.

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

farrari
28th Dec 2007, 23:18
who is cal

timbob
29th Dec 2007, 01:05
Based in Taipei, call sign "Dynasty"

MonsterC01
29th Dec 2007, 04:24
Well their doing more than EVA is, which is sweet FA!

555orange
29th Dec 2007, 07:09
Point of interest:
I have alot of colleagues that went to work in asia during the last downturn about 3 years ago. Many...like 50 went to China Airlines, and a few went to Cathay, NCA, and others went to the ME and to other carriers in N America. Most all are still where they are and are getting ready for promotions...except ALL .. yes thats ALL .. of the 50 guys that went to CAL left within 2 years. Most left within 18 months!!! Haha...what does that say! From the stories I have heard of them....the are one F%%%% U* operation! Bring on the stories!

domani
31st Dec 2007, 16:41
AFTER ALL IT SEEMS THAT CAL IS WORRIED, THE RUMOR IS THAT STARTING FROM NEXT YEAR ( sorry this year) THEY WILL RAISE THE SALARY FOR LOCAL CAPT. ONLY
HOWEVER I THINK IT'S TO LATE, LET'S WAIT AND SEE HOW MANY FLIGHTS THEY CANCEL DUE LACK OF CREW

littlejet
31st Dec 2007, 18:30
What is the point of raising local Capt sallary, since the largest number of First Officer left the company?
It will just broaden the confusion about terms and conditions.
There are no two identical contracts there...
And it is not just the question of money...
CAL is shrinking, two 744 are for sale,
They stopped upgrading, even the local pilots,
There is no seniority,
There is no more expat terms, even if one eventually got the upgrade
The lay over hotels are no longer 5star or 4star resorts
The grass is really greener on the other side...

Happy New Year

domani
31st Dec 2007, 20:45
Littlejet

The Reason That Cal Is Worried Is That For The First Time In Their History, Local Captains Are Leaving The Company.
Last Two Months At Least 14 Local Guys Went For Interview To Asiana And Kal, And Most Of Them Ip's And Cp's

Stike82
31st Dec 2007, 20:47
Well with 100 pilots arriving from SE asia and south america in late January you dont have to worry about CAL, im sure they are delighted to "lose" this alleged number of pilots :ugh:

555orange
2nd Jan 2008, 16:31
lol...yeah...they dont have to worry at all... hmmm...more happy with brand new pilots from S.America and SE Asia... probably mostly low time..maybe not even jet rated new pilots to sit in the RHS next to that shiny new local Captain with 3000 hours total time who has only ever flown widebody, and has trouble understanding english controllers .....lol...NO NO...nothing to worry about at all! YEP...pilot turnover is better than seasoned experienced guys in your own operation. Wow....how dumb can a company get?
Only a fool doesn't learn from his own mistakes.
I will be watching with interest....

domani
3rd Jan 2008, 01:57
Stike82

What Are You Talking About????????? Cal Has Not Hired A Foreign Pilot For At Least 6 Months And They Are Not Planning To Do So In A Near Future

littlejet
4th Jan 2008, 07:26
I hope that they will hire Venezuelan pilots. That went with the blast few years ago, when the whole group decided not to come back any more...

Clive
12th Jan 2008, 20:11
I believe the 13th month pay is banked.

Any updates?

BUSTRASH
13th Jan 2008, 04:03
Do they want another crash. They need the expats. if it wasnt for the japanese mechanic they would have lost the pax and crew of the 737.

TWN PPL
13th Jan 2008, 08:38
Who? PIC? Flipped the CAL MD11 up side down in HKG and ran away?
From the back of the box... I have seen different standard from all walks of life. I believe most of the pilot involve in training can attest to that.

BUSTRASH
13th Jan 2008, 09:12
Since when does CAL have MD11

armchairpilot94116
13th Jan 2008, 09:31
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Airlines_Flight_642

http://www.iasa-intl.com/folders/belfast/131003/MandarincrashMD-11.htm

Mandarin is a 100pct CAL owned operation. The captain of this flight is Italian and I understand he retired from flying after this incident. IT was a miracle only 3 passengers died.

FO Cokebottle
16th Jan 2008, 19:29
I am still here..........now that is say'in som'ink :}

Jali
16th Jan 2008, 22:46
Its true anybody from any backround can make mstakes but as a percentage the locals(particularly older ones)are still regularly making simple vital errors.CAL has,in general,benefitted no doubt from foreign influences regardless of their ignorant politics.At the very least they cant hide as easily thier constant incidents/near accidents.