PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation at Oxford for ATPL full time

skylarker1983
28th Dec 2007, 17:07
Hi everybody!

Ive booked myself a place on the Full time ATPL course at Oxford starting late Feb, and am currently looking at the best options for accommodation.

I know they have on-site rooms, but it seems pretty pricey?
Anyone been there with any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

maxdrypower
28th Dec 2007, 17:20
im not trawling myself but this may get you somewhere failing that try another search

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=213693&highlight=oxford+accomodation

bananaman2
28th Dec 2007, 17:51
......depends on personal preferences really.

When I was at Oxford, preferred halls of residences for a better study environment and also because I didn't have a car. Also liked the fact that I didn't have to contend with any traffic in getting to class and could get from my bed to class in about 30 mins, but that was just me. Not sure of the current set-up at Oxford but there were three hall options with different prices, I chose a cheaper one and accepted the drop in standard. Once you start flying the decision is determined by different factors though.

In terms of living out I knew of people paying anything in the £250-£400 bracket, some including bills, mostly not. Some people have also rented individual rooms from families. Commonplace is to stay in halls for 2-3 weeks, meet some people and start looking for a place between yourselves or individually if you prefer. I found the school noticeboard quite good as it provided some options that I wouldn't have known of and also some better prices.

asuweb
28th Dec 2007, 18:48
When I was there, a group of us organised to rent a house during ground school, and the same once back from the states. Was a cheaper option than staying in halls, plus meant that you actually got away from the airport which I found was a benefit in keeping sane.