PDA

View Full Version : L I N T O N

JackRyan
28th Dec 2007, 09:53
http://www.thisisthenortheast.co.uk/display.var.1929787.0.raf_pilot_burned_as_a_result_of_prank. php

High_Expect
28th Dec 2007, 10:19
bloody civilians........

Would never have happened if an aircrew mate had set him alight. :ok:

PPRuNeUser0211
28th Dec 2007, 10:26
Hehe yes good to see them blaming the civvy!:P

ArthurR
28th Dec 2007, 10:52
"The RAF has a strict no-drinking policy during the working day and requires pilots to be at maximum readiness by 6am ahead of an intense 12-hour day."

Is this just for trainees or is it a new RAF policy? :E

High_Expect
28th Dec 2007, 11:03
always moving the goal posts!!

Why don't they tell us when this happens. Last I heard it was something about not drinking within 50ft of an aircraft. :ok:

GPMG
28th Dec 2007, 11:06
Hmm, setting light to the paper / fancy dress hat of the the first bloke to fall asleep whilst doing 'sun uppers' in the bar. Awfull, childish, great fun.

I think we need some health and safety guidelines to make us safer and feel a lot more secure in our work / rest environment.....hmmm yes.

cornish-stormrider
28th Dec 2007, 11:15
They already exist - no shoes = no playtime
shoes on = fair game

If you fall asleep you must remember rule 1, take your bloody shoes off first

6foottanker
28th Dec 2007, 11:16
Typical! The first excuse the studes have had in years to legitamately set off a fire extinguisher, and they miss the chance! Sounds like a choppable offence to me!

Flaming sambuca for me please.

MightyGem
28th Dec 2007, 13:05
RAF pilots are well disciplined
Apart from when in the mess. :=

diginagain
28th Dec 2007, 13:20
Hang on, MG, I doubt we'd be able to hold the moral high-ground for long!

Green Flash
28th Dec 2007, 14:44
Nice to see everyone wishing the poor s0d a full and speedy recovery. I'd like to add my wishes too .....

Prank or not, 14% burns ain't funny.

D-IFF_ident
28th Dec 2007, 15:01
"He said steps had since been taken to ensure such an incident would not happen again."

So Fancy Dress now banned?

Hope the chap in question makes a good recovery and is back in the saddle soon.

diginagain
28th Dec 2007, 15:28
he was reported to be making a swift recovery and is expected to rejoin colleagues at the base early next year.

Get well soon, you're missing all the banter.

High_Expect
28th Dec 2007, 15:58
Maybe it wasn't a civi but a restreamed multi mate in disguise?!? Jealousy is a terrible thing..... Say.... Isn't TC at L I N T O N now? (its the way all the kids are writing it these days) - goes with that slanty R and Y thing. :rolleyes:

ps. Get well soon.

Grimweasel
28th Dec 2007, 19:31
Took a long time to hit the press. Best wishes to 'the obvious' and family on what turns out to be a horrific and mindless prank by someone's guest. You'd have expected this caper in his last Regiment, not the RAF Officers' Mess!!

I'm sure most Mess' Rules state that guests are the responsibility of the Mess Member. Hopefully this member's 'friend' is no longer a mate.
Get well soon mate. Remember I need my Typhoon flight in 5 years time!! :)

BEagle
28th Dec 2007, 21:14
L I N T O N now? (its the way all the kids are writing it these days) - goes with that slanty R and Y thing...

Why - do they have difficulty with joined-up writing?

Beeayeate
28th Dec 2007, 22:47
Why - do they have difficulty with joined-up writing?
Difficult to do on a mobile.
:E

Two's in
29th Dec 2007, 18:23
Made it to The Sun online now:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article630286.ece

Pilot in Sheep Costume Burned

A Rookie Top Gun...

GreenZeroOneZero
29th Dec 2007, 18:52
Baa'd news :}

Get well soon.

Colonal Mustard
30th Dec 2007, 08:38
Speedy recovery............do we call you "woolly":} from now on lol

BYALPHAINDIA
8th Jan 2008, 23:48
Hmm, setting light to the paper / fancy dress hat of the the first bloke to fall asleep whilst doing 'sun uppers' in the bar. Awfull, childish, great fun.

I think we need some health and safety guidelines to make us safer and feel a lot more secure in our work / rest environment.....hmmm yes.

I can't see anything remoteley funny about setting anyone on fire, Even in fancy dress:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is this how you 'brillcream boys' get your kicks then??:ugh:

If this act of danger is so funny - Then why is the person in question scarred for life 14% burns.

I'm sure you can find alot less safe ways of having fun???

After all your sense of humour is just as weird as the Government who is 'Baby sitting' you:D

BYALPHAINDIA
9th Jan 2008, 00:00
I would just like to add that my above statement does not apply to all RAF Aircrew, Just certain groups of the RAF (Training)

I don't dislike the RAF, I just dislike dangerous fun that goes too far:=

Regards BYAI:ok:

BluntM8
9th Jan 2008, 06:28
The bloke with the lighter wasn't RAF. Clearly says so in all the articles.

:ugh:

Rigger1
9th Jan 2008, 07:13
Lost count how many times i've been set fire to after falling asleep in the crewroom. Funnies aside, 14% burns must hurt a bit, so lets hope for a speedy recovery - and bets for his new nickname?

Bob Viking
9th Jan 2008, 08:15
A little bit of deep-seated resentment coming out in your post there!
As mentioned above, the guy with the lighter was not RAF so that blows your theory out of the water.
Now lets get to the bottom of the real issue. Where does your anger come from? Were you turned down at OASC? A Linton stude stole your girlfriend? A Linton stude turned down your sexual advances?
Come on now. You're amongst friends. You can tell us!
BV:E

OverTq
9th Jan 2008, 10:03
Hope the prat with the lighter is feeling a bit sheepish now. Still, might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.

Rigger1
9th Jan 2008, 16:50
At least he wasn't dressed as a sheep at Valley ...... just think what could have happened to him there with all those welsh Ground crew about!

BYALPHAINDIA
9th Jan 2008, 20:55
A little bit of deep-seated resentment coming out in your post there!
As mentioned above, the guy with the lighter was not RAF so that blows your theory out of the water.
Now lets get to the bottom of the real issue. Where does your anger come from? Were you turned down at OASC? A Linton stude stole your girlfriend? A Linton stude turned down your sexual advances?
Come on now. You're amongst friends. You can tell us!
BV:E

No Bob, I am ex RAF myself, It just angers me when certain types of 'Powerfreaks' behave dangerously just to be the centre of attention.

The Injured Airman, Was having the p**s taken out of him, But it was beyond a joke.:=

They were not laughing with him, They were laughing at him.

I know the culprit wasn't RAF, what gets me is why weren't better precautions taken as to who is on the 'Guest' list.

The RAF has always attracted certain individuals who will do anything for a laugh, Whatever the consequences are.

You don't have to take the p**s out of someone to entertain an audience??

My chest is clear.:ok:

soddim
9th Jan 2008, 22:23
Gentlemen used to let off steam in the mess in good spirits and nobody got hurt. I suspect here we have an element of ill-considered 'fun' with almost tragic consequences and the person responsible deserves every bit of whatever the fall-out entails.

It is encumbent upon the perpetratator that consequences of actions are considered before the action takes place.

Bob Viking
10th Jan 2008, 07:09
I was never suggesting that the perpetrator wasn't a complete idiot but your post came across as an attempt to air some old grievances!
I know they were p1ssed, and we all have the ability to behave obnoxiously when well lubricated, but I think it's a tad unfair to use the actions of a guest to lambast the studes!
BV:=

GPMG
10th Jan 2008, 08:56
BAI,
the events that I spoke of happened in the NAAFI bar in Harstad, Norway. Full of bootnecks getting naked, doing death wets, drinking pee and setting light to each others hats when they fell asleep, nobody received any major burns cause we look out for each other (unlike this civvy).

Anyone who was still asleep with their hair starting to catch had a bottle of beer shaken up and was then extinguished. I realise it's not quite an image of the halls of Valhalla but it was fun whilst it lasted.

None of which is quite as dangerous as some of the mess canons that I have read about on this forum. But when people do dangerous and exciting things as a job, they tend to let their hair down in dangerous and exciting ways, it's all male bonding, high jinx blah blah blah.

ColinB
12th Jan 2008, 09:41
Would this thread have been so heavily subscribed if the victim had been napalmed or whatever in Iraq? Sounds like the perp has a future with our brave lads.

Zoom
12th Jan 2008, 11:12
Anyone remember bellypotting?