PDA

View Full Version : Airlink Interviews

freefly_rulz
26th Dec 2007, 19:30
Does anyone have an idea of when Airlink will invite the applicants for an interview?

The ad stated that if you have not heard anything three months from the closing date (21 Decmeber).... thats a looong time.

Just want to know, have some opportunities arising, and would rather fly back home, but if they take too long, I must take the opportunities I currently have.
... miss RSA though :{

imustbemad
27th Dec 2007, 03:31
It would be a mistake to turn down a confirmed job offer in the hope that Link might call you. The general consensus has always been to take the first one that comes along.

Avi8tor
27th Dec 2007, 08:00
Link is not a great catch anyway

Depends which end of the food chain your at. But yeah, not the happy place it once was.

Romeo E.T.
27th Dec 2007, 10:59
Quote:
Link is not a great catch anyway
Depends which end of the food chain your at. But yeah, not the happy place it once was.

Yup, the fun days of "old" Airlink with Cheiftain's, metro's, Dornier"s and ATR are now long gone, I believe its got to do with the size of an airline, as soon as it grows so large that the director cannot be hands on on a personal level anymore and more and more regulations are written into the contracts, S.O.P.'s etc forbidding anybody from actually having fun anymore, then the fun stops and the job starts.

seams to be a disease at the moment in the airline industry, when Link drivers don't wanna come to Comair either, means that its even worse there (Comair)than at Link.....

Give it a try....the training bond would frighten me away though.

freefly_rulz
27th Dec 2007, 13:07
Romeo E.T.
Give it a try....the training bond would frighten me away though.

The training bonds at the other places would both bond me for three years, in an "interesting" country, so I don't think Link could be much worse :) The training is exceptional, so both ways, I would be an idiot not to take these.

Well, duly noted, don't throw away great opportunities that are currently there. Three years in an airline, I'll be 29, then I can go to where the heart is. Home!

Avi8tor
28th Dec 2007, 06:11
Training bonds never keep anybody. If you want a 'big aircraft' career, get to an airline as quick as u can.

I am sure, even with the crap at Link, its still better than Lagos for 6 weeks. also better on the CV. Just make sure u dont have flash 4x4's to pay off.

And if the guys stand together, they can have the 'golden years' back again.