PDA

View Full Version : Info on Cheshire Helicopters

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
26th Dec 2007, 14:48
Hi,

A relative of mine is looking to set up some work experience in aviation, and specifically helicopters. He's looking at doing weekends and then a lot more when the summer starts and exams are out of the way.

Cheshire Helicopters seems to be based close to him in the North West and I said I'd inquire on here what was known about the firm and it's staff as they seem to be quite new to the scene.

Thanks for any help.

helimutt
26th Dec 2007, 15:28
Sorry but never heard of them so must be very new. One word of advice, a small company with limited staff, won't take on work experience staff of a young age (you didnt mention age though so apologies if i'm going off on one here) due to the cost for extra work place insurance. Just from my experience although it may be different, larger places.

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
26th Dec 2007, 16:12
I understand about age and insurance, and it's a point that I have already made to him. But he's keen to contact every operator in the region anyway - can't fault his endeavour!

Their website says they have a twin squirrel for charter, G-WDKR, and are buying a VLJ fixed wing soon. I also heard that they did/are due to operate an A109 as well???

Based near MAN, but helicopter operates out of Hawarden they say.

It sounds a little bit strange to me, which would make me think about steering away from them.

helicopter-redeye
26th Dec 2007, 16:42
I recall reading an article about them in one of the advertising papers back in November (can't remember which one, but the European wide heli and aircraft sales one that is also on line). This gave quite a good run down on the co and the people, so may be worth locating first.

If you want the 'paper' copy I read it in reception at AML/ Walton Wood.

h-r (CDT);)

TheOtherSide
12th Apr 2008, 21:09
Still want to know anything? Give me a PM.

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
12th Apr 2008, 23:50
Thanks for the various comments and PMs received so far.

The work experience idea has now been knocked on the head for the forseeable future.

However, I was recently talking to guy who is a broker about them. He's been promised a visit by them a couple of times, but has then heard nothing from them - even when a day and time was organised for the initial meeting.

All a bit strange.

Bravo73
13th Apr 2008, 11:34
AWR,

Don't worry, Cheshire Helicopters are a very 'legit' operation. They just don't have lots and lots of ops staff so if they are busy and the boss is out flying, there might not be anyone available to host visits.

If you want any more details, please feel free to PM me.

B73

TheOtherSide
13th Apr 2008, 21:12
Not true any more there is an ops person in the office now. Think you just discovered them them at early stages.

Bravo73
13th Apr 2008, 22:42
I'd just got off the phone with WB! :hmm:

PS "They just don't have lots and lots of ops staff..." :p