PDA

View Full Version : Jet and Kingfisher TAX problems ??

flightknight
24th Dec 2007, 04:51
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-2644113,prtpage-1.cms
This should be a wakeup call for expats relying on their companies to take care of their "special" tax status. Even if you leave India your tax folks in you're country of origin can come after you due to reciprocal tax laws. Its a true saying that the only thing we can be sure of on this earth are "death and taxes".:ugh:

Al Fakhem
24th Dec 2007, 11:11
flightknight:

Are you sure you posted the correct link? The article has nothing to do with income tax, but entirely relates to the issue of clubbing together fuel surcharge, etc. under the heading of "tax" on a passenger's ticket.

Canuck15
24th Dec 2007, 14:39
flightknight ....

RTFQ2

this tax is abour pax tickets ...dont jump the gun......the dgca wants the taxes explaines on the tickets ....nothing to do with our salary

flightknight
24th Dec 2007, 16:51
Yep ! I agree this has nothing to do with "expat" taxes specifically. But, just think about it - some of the expat pilots actually believe that their companies have done all the necessary legal necessisities to cover them from the taxman. You're best bet is to consult a tax professional regarding your situation with the "tax loophole". I'm not jumping the gun on this issue. Some of the guys have already got burned. I hope some of those folks can contribute their experiences. Its the end of the year, and if the CO's are not doing financials right themselves, do you still want to believe that they will be covering you when the heat is on ?.