PDA

View Full Version : RAF Pilot as F1 Driver

glad rag
23rd Dec 2007, 17:31
http://www.williamsf1.com/#

and click on Pilot Episode, be warned not for the faint of heart.....

Bo Nalls
23rd Dec 2007, 18:05
Much more competent than Hammond's attempt at driving the Renault 2006 F1 car on Top Gear. Well done Baggers.

Alber Ratman
23rd Dec 2007, 18:32
Micheal Schumacher could not jump into a FJ and fly it well, if at all.

The fastest driver in the world happens to be an RAF pilot if the record books tell me. his work load was on a par watching video from the cockpit.

In reality the best F1 drivers and FJ pilots are much on a par in similar ablitities of co-ordination, feel and mental multitasking.
But that is just IMHO.

Seldomfitforpurpose
23rd Dec 2007, 18:47
glad,

The vid was ok but the tosh now being posted is in fact "not for the faint of heart" :yuk:

danieloakworth
23rd Dec 2007, 20:33
Nice vid, but I thought they said a Fighter Pilot was going to have a go. Presumably that Bomber bloke was warming up the tyres for him. :E

antipodean alligator
23rd Dec 2007, 23:00
Hats Baggers......When do you PVR to start with Team-Clarkson?
Cannot believe you failed to make him spew - Aren't you as agricultural as you used to be??
;)

PPRuNeUser0211
23rd Dec 2007, 23:17
and he's laughs like a girl;)!

MostlyHarmless
23rd Dec 2007, 23:24
Good effort, Baggers :ok:

Mike7777777
24th Dec 2007, 07:53
Wet track as well! What next for Baggers? MotoGP bike?

GPMG
24th Dec 2007, 08:31
With all of the electronic aids that are now run on a MotoGP bike, it wopuldn't surprise me if this guy Baggers could run in the top 5.

If the rider aids were taken off (like they should be) then nobody could get near the riding god that is Valentino.

cobber_digger_buddy
24th Dec 2007, 08:50
well that was superb, just excellent! :)

soddim
24th Dec 2007, 12:32
Perhaps the most significant parallel aptly demonstrated here was the ability to learn quickly.

harrogate
24th Dec 2007, 12:39
More importantly... That second Tornado is below 250ft.

I'm writing to my MP.

Fishtailed
24th Dec 2007, 19:01
With all of the electronic aids that are now run on a MotoGP bike, it wopuldn't surprise me if this guy Baggers could run in the top 5.

Bollocks, like saying Rossi could take off and land a Typhoon, plenty of 'electronic aids' on them aswell!:ugh:

Backwards PLT
24th Dec 2007, 19:22
Baggers you lucky Bar Steward! Nice work.

And off topic, but I bet after half a days training Rossi could take-off and land a Typhoon. The basics of flying Fast Jets isn't hard (except the Harrier which fails to qualify under "fast" :}). If they were it would be a design failure!

mr fish
24th Dec 2007, 19:46
grand prix bike you say, wot, like a big bang honda nsr? DREAM ON!!:eek:

Fishtailed
24th Dec 2007, 23:27
And off topic, but I bet after half a days training Rossi could take-off and land a Typhoon. The basics of flying Fast Jets isn't hard (except the Harrier which fails to qualify under "fast" :}). If they were it would be a design failure!
BPLT
Double bollocks old man (no disrespect), Harrierjocks should decend on you, and basics are OK on a computer, but not in 'real time':=

Backwards PLT
25th Dec 2007, 18:44
Just to clarify my point - fast jets are (should be!) easy to do the basics in. I would like to think that I am a sky god with stunning skills and an uncanny ability at aviation. But I'm not (go on, tell me that I am, it is christmas, after all:)). The hard thing about modern fast jet flying is all the other stuff. I really think that a switched on, coordinated and capable guy, which someone like Rossi must be, could easily take-off land after half a days dedicated training. We are not talking about your average 18 year old.

The one exception is the harrier which is (I believe, don't have any experience on it except 1 trip when I was on a UAS!) hard to do the basics in - hence why we only send those that do very well on the hawk to the harrier. The stuff about "fast" jet was just idle (and OK a bit predictable) banter! The thought of harrier mates descending on me is a little worrying.:eek:

Merry Christmas!:ok: