PDA

View Full Version : Decent BBC article (For a change) RE In-theatre Airlift

VinRouge
23rd Dec 2007, 12:52
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7158237.stm

The RAF has been working at full stretch to transport troops out of Afghanistan in time for Christmas, and bring their replacements along with supplies - with presents, letters and messages for troops spending the festive season away from loved ones.
The BBC travelled with the RAF via the vital air link between Britain and the men and women on the ground - from RAF Brize Norton to Helmand Province.

Full stretch is one word for it :hmm:

Well done to all the lads out there, for doing, as per usual, a stirling and largely thankless job. Oh, and thanks to the BBC for a decent in-theatre report :D

Toddington Ted
23rd Dec 2007, 16:34
Believe me, our team out here were delighted to see Jeremy Clarkson's piece in the "cuts" this morning. Just had to put it in the media brief today!

PPRuNeUser0211
23rd Dec 2007, 17:17
Top photo of the top gear crowd with a good friend of mine in the 'pit, seems they had a giraffe!

goudie
23rd Dec 2007, 17:43
What a great article by J.C. He certainly tells it like it is in his own inimitable style.
Pity this article doesn't get wider publicity. I'm convinced the general public don't know or even care about the conditions our Forces are experiencing in 'stan.
Makes me very angry.

thorpey
23rd Dec 2007, 21:06
Some of us do and are very grateful