PDA

View Full Version : Link Strike

JvJ
21st Dec 2007, 21:03
To all you pilots who are constantly threatening to take strike action:

I am tired of the cock and bull, so go right ahead and make my day! We would be better off taking in the many PDI's that are beating down the door than put up with your constant bitching and complaining.

Merry Xmas :}

Kennytheking
22nd Dec 2007, 03:39
Wind-up alert......don't fall for it guys!
:ugh:

beechbum
22nd Dec 2007, 05:11
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha................!!!!!!!!! You gotta love it!:E:E
If it is you and you come onto a forum like this to threaten then God help you and you little kingdom that you have created!:=
What a loser.but then again the whole industry knows that........;)
If it ain't you.......nice wind up.....!!!!!!!!!!

Avi8tor
22nd Dec 2007, 06:29
I also go for the wind-up alert. We all know that there are NO suitable PDI's(newly advantaged) out there without jobs. This guys a :mad:

Romeo E.T.
22nd Dec 2007, 07:52
check the antics on the NTW thread JvJ
Probationary PPRuNer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please PM me if you are serious about working for a REAL airline. and the reply by beechbum
Over 250 posts so far. Perhaps I should click here and order a Personal Title

Please PM me if you are serious about working for a REAL airline

Thought you had left SAA......?????????
Sorry guys and gals couldn't resist!!!!!!! Chop!

Please can I, please can I.....pleeeeeeeeeeeeez....I want a job at your REAL airline so I can get screwed over by your antics.......
Will that come with a tub of vaseline or should I bring my own?????? As my salary will hardly afford me my flat in Hillbrow...but hey we could be neighbours!!!
Yay...then you can give me a lift to work every day.....yipeeeeeee!!!!
I can't wait....where do I sign up??????????

I wouldn't be surprised if this JVJ is in bed with other characters at other airlines...making notes, comparing tactics etc...thats if this JvJ is for real at all.

line-driver
22nd Dec 2007, 07:57
Strike.hell yes, why don't we all strike and then see if RF, Jvj and others will be eating anything on his yacht except the remains of recent birbstrikes

Q4NVS
22nd Dec 2007, 08:18
We would be better off taking in the many PDI's that are beating down the door

Yes, that is the same reason why you are battling to fill your new 5 APU Zjets with qualified crew, even from CurrentDI's...

Now go back to Solitaire level 2!

:O

Springbok614
22nd Dec 2007, 08:31
hi all!

can someone bring me up to speed on who JVJ is?

i am not in the airline scene.

thanx,

JvJ
22nd Dec 2007, 21:53
Springbok 614 - PM me.

AirwayBlocker
22nd Dec 2007, 22:04
JvJ

Why don't you just PM him?

He's already asked his question.

Or do you need a personal invite before you'll answer it?

JvJ
22nd Dec 2007, 22:08
Airwayblocker - you are blocking this thread. Contact me at flyairlink.co.za so that I can put your CV on the joke of the month board.

AirwayBlocker
22nd Dec 2007, 22:17
What would possibly possess me to send my CV to Airlink? :}

JvJ
22nd Dec 2007, 22:30
Lots of new prospects at Link, you might want to dust that old CV off.

AirwayBlocker
22nd Dec 2007, 22:31
What prospects are those?

JvJ
22nd Dec 2007, 22:36
Hand in your CV and get in-line like the rest of the drivers.

JvJ

AirwayBlocker
22nd Dec 2007, 22:39
There's a line?

I didn't realise.

Silly me.

Avi8tor
23rd Dec 2007, 02:57
Did you miss the wind-up alert? This fine specimen of humanity will soon get bored.

beechbum
23rd Dec 2007, 05:17
This must be a wind up....this w:mad:ker having a good chuckle on our behalf!!!!
Oh well small things amuse small minds.............sad!!!!

Solid Rust Twotter
23rd Dec 2007, 06:21
Good to see a fellow angler out there. Not often one has a day out with punters snapping at the lure like that.....:E

Avi8tor
23rd Dec 2007, 06:29
Have been known to toss a line out myself. But this one is not even clever....boring.

AirwayBlocker
23rd Dec 2007, 06:34
Not often the angler snaps back either.

But JvJ seems to be taking the bait nicely here too.

I dunno about anyone else but I'm finding this thread highly entertaining. :ok:

CALCULATOR
23rd Dec 2007, 13:55
hey JVJ why not Pm your CV WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR :mad: LIKE YOU IN THE CHARTER INDUSTRY , OH SORRY I FORGOT YOU GOT FIRED FROM THAT INDUSTRY ONCE BEFORE.OH WELL THERES STILL CONTRACTS IF YOU LIKE.ME HAS A FEELING YOU MIGHT BE NEEDING A BIT OF EXTRA INCOME.
THERE ARE STILL SOME OLD CONCENTRATION CAMPS LEFT IN RSA MAYBE YOU CAN DO IN HOUSE TRAINING FROM THERE, SOUNDS LIKE THIS WOULD BE RIGHT UP YOUR ALLY.?

JvJ
23rd Dec 2007, 15:14
My, my ABACUS. Such slander is uncalled for. But then by your tone I am not surprised that you are still stuck in the charter industry and haven't yet progressed onto anything substantive.
The airlines are currently in dissarray but there are still enough boys and girls out there who keep knocking on my door. I guess that it's a bitter pill to have to swallow, but I have no time for the drivers that are crying wolf about striking because they feel that the way I manage the system is unfair etc etc.
Be a wolf if you want to piss with the big dogs ... otherwise go somewhere else.

AirwayBlocker
23rd Dec 2007, 16:07
Be a wolf if you want to piss with the big dogs ... otherwise go somewhere else.

Is that a mixed metaphor? Or just a mixed up metaphor?

Romeo E.T.
23rd Dec 2007, 17:03
Interesting thread to follow, sometimes even funny, but all too true of how everyday life is for airline pilots vs management,

Its actually pathetic how one or two management type fellows can impose their patheic idea of practices on the masses and expect them to smile whilst holding out a tub of vaseline to ease the way into the new way of life as determined by the few.

I thought that we live in a democracy, although it looks like in business its more like a dictatorship...

so if all the "winding up" here is actual fact then if the pilots..Link or other airlines actually get to the point of "fed-up" and decide to excersie their constitutional right to industrial action...then the managers etc actually need to go home and look deep within to realize what absolute A:oh::oh::oh::oh:les they actually are, and wonder why they are never invited to the social get toegethers etc.... and also how to explain to the shareholders, traveling public and other intersted parties that the reason why there is a total grind to a halt at their airline is due to them (the managers) being absolute A:oh::oh::oh::oh:les, worth putting in the same context as Mugabe, Pol Pot, Uncle Adolf etc etc....but they wouldn't be capable of admitting that their management style is flawed would they.????...they are super human A:oh::oh::oh::oh:les after all.

I.R.PIRATE
23rd Dec 2007, 17:10
Not that rare these day actually Mr.Twotter...:suspect:

Solid Rust Twotter
23rd Dec 2007, 17:47
Quite so, Mr Pirate. One gets the distinct impression the pseudo Mr JvJ is having a quick one off the wrist at the expense of the short of temper among our number.:E

south coast
23rd Dec 2007, 18:40
Seems to me that too many people think managers of airlines should offer amazing deals to pilots because...well I have no idea why they think they are owed that right.

Managers are there to manage and keep a business running.

Pilots are just a cog within the greater machine.

Get over yourselves, if you like the terms and conditions of the company you work for, great, if you dont, leave...pretty simple really.

Avi8tor
24th Dec 2007, 06:17
if you like the terms and conditions of the company you work for, great, if you don't, leave...pretty simple really
Hmmmm....thats very victorian.

How it works is the 'capitalist pigs' invest money, and the workers invest time, skills and effort. Then we both get rich together. Said it before, try run an airline for a few days without pilots. And remember the 'managers' are just workers too.

The brown stuff hits the fan largely when bean counters/HR types get delusions of grandeur and think they can 'manage'. The person in question is one of these.

The history here speaks for itself.

JetPark
24th Dec 2007, 06:34
JvJ - you can come load my G550 for me 'cos that's about as "substantive" a role as you can handle from what I read here.:ugh:

JvJ
24th Dec 2007, 07:58
OK, so it's all just a wind-up. Some of you fell for it and some didn't. :ok:

AirwayBlocker
24th Dec 2007, 08:08
Couldn't you at least have carried it on for while longer?

What am I going to do for christmas entertainment now?

Q4NVS
24th Dec 2007, 08:28
OK, so it's all just a wind-up.

Or maybe it's Not...Rather just a "Soft and Quiet" Exit Strategy :zzz:

Don't you just love conspiracy theories..?

BAKELA
24th Dec 2007, 16:36
What am I going to do for christmas entertainment now?Anything not involving the 'real' JvJ will be a pleasure.:p:E

kiross
26th Dec 2007, 03:46
OK, so it's all just a wind-up. Some of you fell for it and some didn't.

I heard 14 resignations eminent! If it's true (8 j41 Captains) lets see if that winds you up!!!

TermightJim
26th Dec 2007, 04:04
Let him go boys and girls, let him go.....:*

Springbok614
26th Dec 2007, 08:36
ok, even though this was a wind up...... could anyone tell who is JVJ and why is he so admired :E by the local industry....

nugpot
26th Dec 2007, 10:43
could anyone tell who is JVJ and why is he so admired by the local industry

He has done his thing at SAX, SAA, Air Mauritius and now Link.

Well loved individual ;)

Springbok614
26th Dec 2007, 14:08
"He has done his thing at SAX, SAA, Air Mauritius and now Link."

he's thing being?

ZS340
26th Dec 2007, 21:07
Can't be JvJ. There are far too few spelling and grammar errors for it too be him. This is an imposter I say!!!!

JvJ
27th Dec 2007, 21:37
Eva herd of a dicksionery?

rockpecker
28th Dec 2007, 21:53
Who the hell is this idiot!!?! Will the real JvJ please stand up!!!

Champagne Lover
29th Dec 2007, 16:40
I have to agree with ZS340, one of the first things to come to my mind when I read JvJ's retorts was, NOT jvj.... JvJ does NOT have the ability to write/correspond as this guy does. He's as thick as two (short) planks put together.
614, to answer your question about why he is there, well, remember, bull****ters have the gift-of-the-gab. He will present to RF saying: "I am the person who everyone hates, because I do what others can't do or don't like doing". "I am a sort of Ax-man, to sort out people problems".
"SAX/SAA/Air Mauritius/ MK all benefited from my damagement".
If you tell a lie long enough and loud enough, people start to believe it.
The tragic thing is, a company which has a name for having nice fellow colleagues to work with, might now suddenly slide.
But then again, RF is ON RECORD for saying that he wants the pilots to leave. I'm sure preferably on the day their funny bond expires. He doesn't like pilots. In fact he loathes them! They give him headaches like no other group of "workers".
So, JvJ is just the right kind of thing he could ask for.....