PDA

View Full Version : C130 tactical mission question

Hydroman400
21st Dec 2007, 09:57
Hello to you all.

I am looking for information on operational missions for the herc (RAF or other air force). What I am looking for is worst case operation and maximum use of user systems; door and ramp, landing gear etc. What I have considered so far (maybe way off) is:

Tactical low level flight and delivery mission:

1. Initial loading (Door and ramp operation inlcuing stab struts)
2. Up to 5 aerial deliveries during one mission (e.g palet dropping) - it is assumed that the landing gear is also extended during low level dropping
3. Return to base and re-load for next mission
4. It is also assumed that 3 of these flights are conducted with the aircraft 'active' i.e. APU on between flights.

As you can tell I am not from a military back ground and am probably way off from what happens in reality, but I would greatly appreciate your experience and a real overview.

Cheers

ZH875
21st Dec 2007, 10:03
This should be funny....................

mr ripley
21st Dec 2007, 10:13
Perhaps you may wish to explain why you want to know?

SVK
21st Dec 2007, 10:14
"...worst case operation and maximum use of user systems."

Sounds like a Copilot's average landing.

BluntM8
21st Dec 2007, 10:25
Hydroman400

I'm afraid you are exceptionally unlikely to get the information you require from this forum. Whilst I am sure you have innocent reasons for asking, the details you have asked for could be used by those less well-meaning to build up a knowledge of the capabilities and tactics of our opperational assets. It might seem like a small snippet of information to you, but as part of a tapestry of snippets you can end up with some very sensitive knowledge comprimised.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

Blunty

Baskitt Kase
21st Dec 2007, 18:01
Hydroman400, you would probably get a better response if you wrote to Lyneham and asked, complete with all your details and reasons for doing this. Under FOI, you will get a reply (not necessarily the info you want), but you will get more than you will through an anonymous bulletin board.

Green Flash
21st Dec 2007, 22:32
You drank AT LEAST 7 pints of Doom Bar??????? You, Sir, are a blo00dy idiot. Tomorrow morning, you will know the wisdom of these words .....

Hydroman400
22nd Dec 2007, 09:51
Ok yes in hindsight I should have seen where this would have gone:ugh:

As suggested I will contact directly and privately so not to air information that maybe of a sensitive nature. However, if any C130 crew wish to send me a private message I can explain in more details who I am etc.

Why was I asking this information? Quite simply it is impossible to get 'realistic' information from our joint customer.......and thought that this would be the best place to get a real insight.