PDA

View Full Version : BI Cardiff

Pollygotacracker
21st Dec 2007, 08:58
What happens at Cardiff with the Police exiting in January?

docstone
21st Dec 2007, 11:37
We operate from there, pretty good service. JV as always a beacon of excellence.

Helinut
21st Dec 2007, 17:07
That might be the optimistic view............. :hmm:

Helipolarbear
21st Dec 2007, 18:56
Cardiff Heliport is one of the great things about flying to the UK. And the people there are very helpful and supportive , especially Jan.:ok: A haven for helicopters.:ok::ok::ok:

ShyTorque
21st Dec 2007, 19:49
Totally agree, Tremorfa Cardiff is a national asset and our jobs would be far more difficult without the excellent service provided by all at that location.

The very best of luck to them, say I!

Upland Goose
21st Dec 2007, 21:37
Tremorfa Heliport a credit to the helicopter community. JV's vision for Cardiff was exemplary - a blueprint for heliports far and wide. Very nice people too! UG:ok:

A.Agincourt
22nd Dec 2007, 06:56
Tremorfa - 9.5/10 from me. :ok:

VeeAny
22nd Dec 2007, 07:03
I've only had a need to go there three times, the people there don't know me from Adam and each time they have bent over backwards to help out. I only wish I needed to go there more often.

A couple of other places would be well advised to use them as a model for customer service IMHO.

GS

Efirmovich
22nd Dec 2007, 07:43
Why what is happening at Cardiff ? Is it just the Police moving out ? ?
I have only been there twice and they don't know me from Adam, one evening arrived late in 30kt winds and driving rain, the guys told me to go inside and get warm and they would put the machine away ! Fantastic bunch !! Good Luck !:ok:

E.

Helipolarbear
11th Feb 2008, 17:36
What a shame. Jan will be sorely missed. Cops too!:{
Anybody know what the future may hold in store for Cardiff Heliport?
I hope it hasn't gone to Property Developers. It really added a unique
internationalization of the Welsh capitol, especially for all the European Rugby
Fans.:rolleyes:

PANews
11th Feb 2008, 22:38
Things may have changed since I last chewed this over but my understanding of the site was that it belonged to the local authority and the Veritair/BI were just the operators of it because they were the only operation based there.

So if the departure of the police [and Jan] is of any consequence it is for the Neddies and politicians in Cardiff City Council/Welsh Assembly to lose heart with the place rather than it being a pure aviation decision.

Well located, looks good, perfect place for the Fist Minister to land ...... unlikely to suffer too harshly in the short term methinks.

JimBall
11th Feb 2008, 23:42
But, PANews, how long can they offer such a reasonable landing fee. Last time I was in there with a 44 it was £29. They can't take the money there - so the Council invoices you a month later. Then they don't cash your cheque for weeks.

If the bean counters start to evaluate.............

But a fantastic heliport run by lovely people. Another 40 like that around the UK would be just great.

Helinut
12th Feb 2008, 11:29
There are probably several different aspects to this.

As far as the fabulous facility of the Cardiff Heliport goes, it is part of the massive investment that Cardiff City has been able to put into developing what was a VERY rundown city/ heavy industrial area into a thriving centre of commerce and light industry. The landing rates may vary in the future a bit, but I think that Cardiff City is far-sighted enough to continue to believe that having the heliport is a GOOD thing for Cardiff :ok:
The comparison between Cardiff and President Kenneth's approach in London could not be greater. :mad:

It has the additional advantage that its location on the seafront surrounded by mainly light industrial buildings gives rise to the absolute minimum of enviromental impact.

The continued BI operation at the heliport is a separate issue. Certainly, if you consider engineering, the loss of 1,000 hours or so of police Twin Squirrel will substantally reduce the amount of engineering needed. It depends what BI decide and are able to do, but if they sell their 2 AS355F2s, there is not much left.

Anybody fancy running a flying school using float equipped heles??