PDA

View Full Version : BA0105 Mystery flight with no Club World

MrSoft
20th Dec 2007, 17:53
Quote : "BA0105 does not offer a flat bed in Club World nor does it offer a seat back video in World Traveller"

Overnight service, LHR-DXB . . . Does anyone know what the story is with this flight? What kind of CW does it have, I am wondering? Equipment is 777.

Avman
20th Dec 2007, 18:24
Your thread title is misleading. Obviously they do offer Club World, but not the flat bed (on some flights?). If the B777 fleet is being refurbished you have to appreciate that the entire fleet cannot be refurbished overnight. There will be a period of time where some flights will be operated by a/c not yet refurbished and warning may be given to this effect when making a reservation.

MrSoft
20th Dec 2007, 20:20
OK Avman I edited the title.

CW to me equals flat beds. Seatguru and BA website are unequivocal about that. I've been OCW and NCW alike, and they all have (what I would call) flat beds. Or am I living on a different planet? Interested to know what the passenger experience is on this flight, before I go and book it and regret it, if anyone can help.

VS-LHRCSA
21st Dec 2007, 09:42
Something's not quite right here. I'm not aware of any 777 without Flat-bed CW. The last of the cradle seats were taken out of the LGW fleet back in 2005.

Could be a possible subcharter perhaps? I'll check it out on Amadeus when I go to work next.

Final 3 Greens
21st Dec 2007, 15:06
Any non dusked 767s still on the long haul fleet or an old note from the time when there were?

apaddyinuk
23rd Dec 2007, 02:09
Very odd indeed!!!

All aircraft in the BA longhaul fleet have now been dusked so all should have a flat bed in them!!!

Is it possible that for some reason BA have had to hire in an aircraft from somewhere else????

All seems a bit strange!!!

VS-LHRCSA
23rd Dec 2007, 04:45
apaddyinuk

I'm going to check in the system tomorrow. I am wondering if it's something to do with Project Lauren, or the LGW crew crisis.

2Fly2Serve
24th Dec 2007, 00:52
Can you confirm if it was a BA aircraft you flew on? I.e Was the aircraft in current full BA livery?

The New CW seats are not yet been fitted to BA777 fleet and was delayed further due to a weight issue, which i have now been told has been rectified.

The old CW still feature flat beds, and individual screens are found in all cabins.

VS-LHRCSA
24th Dec 2007, 02:04
I think Mr Soft is referring to cradle seat CW which from what I have heard, is going on to the 757/767 of Project Lauren. Still not sure on this particular flight though. It's a 777 for a start.

Mr Soft, do you have a particular date for this flight?

MrSoft
24th Dec 2007, 08:27
Hi thanks everyone for assistance. Haven't actually travelled yet. Would be quite happy to see OCW again, for its brilliantly innovative "somewhere to put your mug down" facility.

Dates were out 17th Jan (BA0105) back 19th Jan (BA0104).

Now then, this is for a miles upgrade (WTP to CW). When you search this way, the "no flatbed" warning pops up for both flights (and many others throughout Jan and Feb).

As a control, I searched exactly the same flights via standard booking technique. Very odd - no message appears.

Maybe it's a bug on the site. I asked BA but no reply.

Or maybe BA no longer allow points travellers to lie down.

2Fly2Serve
24th Dec 2007, 13:21
Here you go Mr Soft, the following text has been taken from the BA.com site.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/cworiginal/public/en_gb

The Original Club World Cabin - The Worlds first fully flat bed.

While new Club World is being rolled out across the fleet, the remainder of our aircraft will continue to boast the original, award-winning Club World cabin.

That includes the world's first ever fully flat bed, private seat layout and individualised service, as well as a privacy screen, laptop power points, 18 channels of films, 12 audio channels and a selection of interactive games.

The introduction of new Club World is part of our commitment to constantly improving your Club World service and making your journey even more convenient and comfortable.

Roll Out Schedule - New Club World is rolling out across the fleet.

You can currently experience the new Club World cabin on board the majority of aircraft on the Heathrow to New York (JFK) route, excluding flight BA 173. We anticipate the roll out to be completed by the end of 2008. Until then you can still enjoy the award-winning original Club World cabin on our remaining aircraft.

2Fly2Serve
24th Dec 2007, 13:37
Although that still doesnt answer why it says 'No Flatbed' via the miles upgrade facility? Its almosting contradicting itself.

Maybe it is just a bug in the system, and is triggered by the WTP selection in the Miles Upgrade window? Even though your intention is to move from that Cabin?

I have another response that i have written before this one, but its still getting moderated or something? Useless.

KiloMIke
24th Dec 2007, 15:21
If you check the timetable on www.ba.com it actually shows there is no First Class on that flight.
Flight details
Flight number BA 105
Operated by British Airways
Depart Heathrow (London)
Thu 17 January 2008, 18:50
Terminal 4
Arrive Dubai
Fri 18 January 2008, 5:45
Terminal 1
Stops 0
Total journey time 6 hours 55 minutes
Aircraft type Boeing 777 jet
Class Club
Traveller Plus
Traveller

Was Dubai one of the first routes to get the new club world seat? Perhaps the operating aircraft has not been refitted with NCW.
Also have to agree with the OP that there is no where simple to put a drink down. Yes you can fold down the table but there should be somewhere in the armrest. Trying drinking a G&T and eating the savoury snack things!

VS-LHRCSA
24th Dec 2007, 17:41
Mr Soft. I asked around and know one has heard of any sub-chartering (on WW at least) but now that I have dates, I'll look in the system myself. Really does sound like a glitch.

spanishflea
24th Dec 2007, 18:05
It is a ba.com glitch that BA have been informed about on numerous occasions but yet do nothing about. It is commercially ridiculous.

The same problem exists with BA88 or 98.

VS-LHRCSA
24th Dec 2007, 18:16
Thanks, Spanishflea, that also gives me something to go on. I'll see if I can get that rectified.

MrSoft
24th Dec 2007, 20:40
Sounds like a bug but it's still hard to book against such information . . . guess the thing to do is to get a commitment elsewhere that supersedes the 'erroneous' message.

Actually when I said "mug", I meant "large scotch on the rocks". Recline . . . nod off . . . it's there waiting for you, in case you come round before breakfast. Or rather, it was.

Thanks VS, Spanishflea, everyone, I really appreciate it. A very Merry Christmas to all of you.