PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia Low Cost Operation

QAR
20th Dec 2007, 08:45
I Heard That "malaysias' Leading 5 Star Lcc" Is Flying Long Haul To Gold Coast Now.

Guys Told Me That Crew Meal Is Only Single Portion Per Sector.

And Is It True That They Make The Crew Share Rooms On Their Night Stop???

Cant Believe It!!!!!

Is This What Low Cost Operation All About World Wide Or Does It Just Happen In Airasia...

Speedbreak
20th Dec 2007, 12:11
...I wouldn't mind to share my room with some of theyr airhostess...
:p

Virtual Reality
20th Dec 2007, 18:25
...I wouldn't mind to share my room with some of theyr airhostess...

Count me in mate ...:ok:

Aussie
20th Dec 2007, 23:56
I think your running a little late with ya info mate...

Im pretty sure they started the operation a while ago now!

SuperRanger
21st Dec 2007, 06:42
Im pretty sure they started the operation a while ago now!

3rd of November, actually.

AirAsiaX joy at take-off response (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,,22693205-23349,00.html?from=public_rss)

SR

Aussie
21st Dec 2007, 08:46
6 weeks.... thats a while isnt it ;)

El Lobo Solo
21st Dec 2007, 12:39
One portion per segment? If I eat more than that, I need to spend the next day in the gym.:yuk:

kwaiyai
21st Dec 2007, 16:39
whats wrong with bringing yer own Sarnis, Better than the Rubber alternative.

reawold
23rd Dec 2007, 06:48
"malaysias' Leading 5 Star Lcc"

Malaysia has a NAP (National Automotive Policy) and also a NAP (National Aviation Policy).
So it is NAPping time.

Under the 2nd NAP there are 2 national carriers: One LCC and one Premier (that means normal price lah!).The LCC has won the airline of the year award. the Premier airline has won the best economy class service award. Now the premier airline wants to be a 5 star airline at LCC cost. So please do not confuse them.

24th Dec 2007, 16:02
QAR,

how much do you actually eat per sector?!?!??!?!?!??!:ugh:
are you one of "those" pilots?

and if im not mistaken,even in MAS,the cabin crew share rooms. 2 per room or something. correct me pls if im wrong as im not too sure on this but heard it before.

as for the tech crew,no...we do not share rooms coolangatta.

JKSH
25th Dec 2007, 02:37
Mr 420,

Just for your info, MAS crew never share room.

QAR
25th Dec 2007, 06:16

What I Was Asking Is This The Way Long Haul Low Cost Operate?because I Was Not Sure.

So You Have Given Me The Answer...

Im Not Sure About You 420...but I Dont Expect Myself To Bring My Kitchen In My Nav Bag On 9 Hour Flight...

And Yes I Dont Think An Airline Which Treat Their Crew With Respect Will Ask Them To Share A Room On Their Lay Overs..

But If You Like What Your Gettinng By All Means Stay Put There Mate!

25th Dec 2007, 16:18
QAR,

okay my bad on that one... but yeah thats exactly how we operate. of course sometimes it can be a pain sharing the room with another crew,but by the time they land most of them hit the sack anyway and cabin crew in air asia are very closely knit mostly as its not a very large community here.its not about respect,but its just the way it is. respect is a whole different issue mate.:)

and well,whether i like it or not is not the issue my friend, but its more like accepting the fact that i am working in a low cost carrier and cutting cost is the base of operations. I signed the contract years ago hence i was fully aware and accept the facts. Every pilot wants more...lets be frank,but hopes of wanting to see whales in ponds are just silly. so as long as one understands what one is getting into,its fine actually.

And at our expansion rate...things will get better eventually in terms of crew benefits etc

cheers:ok:

CAT IIIB
26th Dec 2007, 14:12
I'm a bit confused here.Do Air Asia X Pilots share rooms during night stop as well or it's just the cabin crew?Then,there's no privilege to bring your family along.
What happens if you can't get partners from the same gender due to inbalanced crew set-up?

Do you have to pay for your meals onboard?

Any night stop allowance?

26th Dec 2007, 16:25
1.pilots do NOT share rooms

2. No there is no privelage to bring families along,unless of course through concess tickets.

3. gender problems have not existed so far as it has been well planned so far.

4. if you want extra meals then yes you pay,but you do have ONE free meal on board,which is quite sufficient

5.yeap,of course we do have night stop allowances

kotakota
26th Dec 2007, 17:08
The 'MAS crew never share a room' thing is not strictly true . I remember many a nightstop in Manila where 2 cc bunked up so that the spare room could be used for a 'Tiger Show' !! Happy days /nights .

El Lobo Solo
26th Dec 2007, 23:19
If there was ever a reason to voluntarily share a room, I think that is it. :E

ikan_terbang
27th Dec 2007, 02:13
Knowing MAS, it was crew meal at work and the tiger was the crew....right ? kotakota? Heard lots of it before but cant proof it.

CAT IIIB
27th Dec 2007, 03:12
Don't beleive rumours.
There's no such thing as tiger shows during nightstop.:)

MAS Guy
27th Dec 2007, 09:39
Yes, we in MAS are good girl and boys. No Tiger are allowed, Ha ha ha!

Remember the good old time. Especially when have 1 off day during the nightstop. PARTY!!!

When we have sixth crew on the 737, it was better. More choice. Not many steward last time, more girl. But we are all good boys now. Wink Wink!

CAT IIIB
27th Dec 2007, 12:48
Yeah,we have evolved from cheeky boys to dirty old hangsap men:O

Chrome
27th Dec 2007, 15:58
We have like 50-60 ex-MH crew in AK now. Yea we believe you guys ;)

27th Dec 2007, 16:43
geeez... you guys there at MAS tengah musim kemarau or what?

been a while since the spark plugs got serviced? hahaha.

why go all the way to manila...and get serviced by a crew?? its philippines guys! bebot bebot!

yeah like chrome said...we've all heard about the "good old days" thanks to the brady bunch that are now in AK:}