PDA

View Full Version : Cpl(a) From Cpl(h)

silvereagle
19th Dec 2007, 21:11
I have a couple of questions about the CPL(A) Bridging exam. I have already done the CPL(H) via the military bridging route. I have also done the CPL(A) principles of flight and performance exam. So all I have to do now is the bridging exam.

I am finding it really difficult to discover exactly what subjects I need to do. I am familiar with JAR FCL 1.050, which lists the main subject areas and shows the reference numbers of each of the sub sections. So far so good.

Then if you cross refer these reference numbers to Appendix 1 to JAR FCL 1.470 you find the expanded list of teaching objectives. Again, looking good.
The problem is, that note 3 suggests items marked 'x' means that the topic is required for the specific licence. A bullet point '.' means that the topic is NOT applicable to the particular licence.

The problem is, that there are a number of blanks. i.e. no 'x' or '.' What does that mean? None of the met topics for example, have any 'x' or '.' - so is there no met in the CPL bridging exam?

If you know the answer, do please let me know. The FTO I am using are trying to find out from their contacts at Gatwick but it seems to be a slow process and I am keen to crack on with this.

The final question is - how many questions are there in the exam? No one seems to know. The ATPL exam is 128 in 2.5 hrs but what about the CPL? ATP Online suggests 85.

I must say I find this all a bit amateurish and rather infuriating after 30 years of flying and many thousands of hours. But there we are .........

maxdrypower
20th Dec 2007, 17:36
rotorheads might help a bit more than this forum matey if not give Police Aviation services a ring at gloucester , they have aquite a few ex rotary guys who now also fly islanders they might be able to give you a heads up

silvereagle
21st Dec 2007, 11:11
Good tip, thanks. Mind you, I suspect they may have done the ATPL(A) - maybe? Not many seem to do the CPL(A). I spoke to the girl who runs ATP online and she had never even heard of the CPL(H) to CPL(A) bridging route!

What a carry on.

maxdrypower
21st Dec 2007, 17:35
Not sure Im sure one of our islander lads only has a CPL . Most pilots come to PAS as rotary and are cross trained for the islander for those forces that stuill use them , they should be able to advise

mountain-goat
21st Dec 2007, 18:14
Hi Silvereagle

!!! Please read your PM's !!!

Thank you.

Merry Xmas

MG