PDA

View Full Version : Passengers rights to salvage?

John Hill
19th Dec 2007, 05:00
Someone must have already asked this but if all the air crew come down with food poisoning and I have to land the thing can I claim salvage on the aircraft, all the cargo and other passengers' duty free?

I need to know if I should keep up all this practice onf MS Flight Simulator.

tezzer
19th Dec 2007, 07:46
Wouldn;t have thought so, but I would be expecting free F class flights for life, anyhwere in the World for not only saving a multi million pound airframe, but also heading off a multi billion pound claim from the rest of the disgruntled passengers !
I can put my PA28 down, in a grass field, how much harder can it be ????

Joking, you guys get much respect from this SLF.

llanfairpg
19th Dec 2007, 11:38
If you land my aircraft I will have you arrested as a Hi -Jacker

SnoggingTarmac
19th Dec 2007, 12:14
Ah but if he lands the aircraft, then he CAN'T be a hijacker - that's the one thing they're not trained for.

John Hill
19th Dec 2007, 16:32
But, but, surely at least I can have their duty free, please!
Meanwhile, I only practice landings!

Thinks: All airliners should have a prominently displayed placard on the flight deck showing how to contact the airline's insurers to negotiate a suitable settlement in times like this.

llanfairpg
20th Dec 2007, 01:42
I can put my PA28 down, in a grass field, how much harder can it be ????

After a cloudless night in winter grass can be as hard as concrete.

llanfairpg
20th Dec 2007, 01:45
Thinks: All airliners should have a prominently displayed placard on the flight deck showing how to contact the airline's insurers to negotiate a suitable settlement in times like this.

I am sorry sir that is option 17 on the menu and you will have to fill in a cliaims form

John Hill
20th Dec 2007, 04:52
I am sorry sir that is option 17 on the menu and you will have to fill in a cliaims form

Roger, better remember to always take a pen with me, it would not be a good time to try borrowing one from a CC.

PAXboy
20th Dec 2007, 12:19
Much better, in James Bond style, to adapt the seat-back IFE to take over control of the machine and land it from 57E. Actually, better get 57A so that you can take a quick look out of the window during the flare.

llanfairpg
20th Dec 2007, 16:02
Roger, better remember to always take a pen with me, it would not be a good time to try borrowing one from a CC.Can you stop calling me Roger, my name is Captain!