PDA

View Full Version : Shebles Flight Training

felixflyer
17th Dec 2007, 18:19
Hi

Thinking of going to Shebles for an FAA/IR. Just wondered if anyone had been and interested to know how it went.

Mike

thornycactus
18th Dec 2007, 20:22
Hello Flexiflyer!

Nice to know somebody going to Shebles! I have talked to them (one of the instructors, but I forgotten his name). There is a member in this forum who has been there and I am waiting for his reply.

Well, I am seriously thinking of going to Shebles! There is a reason behind. You may check out my last post prior to this.

I heard that Shebles students' passing grade are fantastic! :D I do not know whether is it true or not. Can somebody share more info about this school?

If really want to go to that school, PM me! Share accommodation to cut down the cost. ;)

looptheloop
18th Dec 2007, 21:37
Felixflyer, check your PM, I attended sheble in july 06. Pm me if you need any more info.

thornycactus
19th Dec 2007, 15:03
I called Sheble this morning and spoken to Joe.

Seemed like Sheble is not interested in entertaining queries! Hah... foreign students are going to have hard time settling down there! Accommodation is expensive and far away from the airport! We have to find our transport (school is not going to help) to get to the school! It is so inconvenience for any foreign student. :bored:

boxmonkey
31st Mar 2008, 09:29
A great place. They will get you to the airport. Its not far anyways. If your not stupid an study it is a very fair place.They have housing for long term students. Clean and stocked with everthing excepet food.Cheap also compared to local hotels.They have a great additude about aviation.:ok:

otternorte
1st Sep 2008, 05:23
Sheble's is a great place with Good Ol' Boys and Gals. They'll give you a ride if you need one - it might be in the back of a pickup. No high class society there. They know their stuff, are aware of their purpose, and are interested in getting things done. You do your part and they'll do theirs. A great experience!

janrein
3rd Sep 2008, 00:36
Last year I selected Sheble's after having browsed the web for a while and being attracted by what I think they called their "accelerated IR training". I had a brief good talk with them on the phone and decided to go. I chose to add a margin of time to hopefully also do my CP and use any remaining time for touring nearby states.

Scheduling and progress went well, managed to do the CP also and in the end added the ME as well, which I am now happy about having done then. Had a few days left for the desired tooring.

I liked the school and the people there. They receive people from all over the US and from all over the world, which says something.

Having stayed a few days in a Travelodge, Sheble's could house me in one of there shared appartments, well equiped as stated up-thread.

FelixFlyer, you asked the question, will share with us how you fared?

felixflyer
4th Sep 2008, 08:26
Hi,

I was going to reply that i had asked about this school, then i realised this was my original thread!

Well things have slowed down for me after snapping a ligament in my knee. Im still interested in doing my FAA/IR though and will probably look at going to Shebles.

SNS3Guppy
4th Sep 2008, 09:49
Sheble's is a certificate mill, pure and simple. I lost any respect I might had for Sheble when I heard him admonishing others to falsify their logbooks in order to gain employment. I've seen him begin a practical test with one person, abandon them and take their airplane to give two more rides in another state, while the first person waits on the ground...using the first person to pay for the cost of flying him around from airport to airport to conduct his business. I saw several travelairs of his that appeared to have more oil outside the engine than in, and which were missing on both engines.

As for a passing rate...what does one expect? The owner of the school is the desigated examiner for the school; he passes whom he will. In my observation he isn't very discriminating, either. Basically pay for his course, walk away with a certificate. If that's what you want, then fine...but I wasn't impressed.

youngskywalker
4th Sep 2008, 12:16
Seemed to have the reputation while I was training in San Diego that if you failed a checkride then head to Sheble's! Beware though, if a school has a reputation of being 'easy', then you may find that your certificate is not worth the paper it's written on when you come to look for possible aviation employment, if that's your intention.

Just passing on what we all heard, I cant comment on whether that was a true or even fair assesment of Sheble's.

Choose wisely when picking a place to train. Cheapest or easiest is often not the best.

geeup
8th May 2010, 23:16
Does Shebles offer ground school for the ATP? Or just the flight test?