PDA

View Full Version : What's going wrong at PAS, Staverton?

Skidkid
16th Dec 2007, 17:53
It seems to be widely known that all of the pilot training instructors have resigned over the past few months. There is also word on the streets that at least five of the engineers are on the move. The latest rumour is that the Chief Pilot has handed in his notice as well.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

HeliEng
17th Dec 2007, 12:02
Not sure about the pilot situation, but was led to believe that the engineers was over their pay deal....???

ericferret
17th Dec 2007, 12:20
Rumour has it that a number of PAS engineers are going to the offshore world.

quichemech
17th Dec 2007, 13:47
A couple will be moving that way, a couple more moving next door, the reasons are varied but do involve pay restructuring for 1 individual and higher levels of pay at competitors for others.

Why the interest? It's still not a bad place to work.

helibaron
18th Dec 2007, 12:10
Not been working in Uk for just over 4 years now and was wondering what the average pay scales are for engineers. Anyone got any info?

quichemech
18th Dec 2007, 21:50
Where do you fancy working and what type ratings do you hold? It varies a bit!

Thud_and_Blunder
19th Dec 2007, 19:21
It's now public knowledge within Bond (a memo from the Ops Manager to all staff) that R*****d B*****l will join the company in March 2008 as Dep Head of Training.

FloaterNorthWest
19th Dec 2007, 20:02
Sweepstake on how long it is before he moves on again.

FNW

Skidkid
19th Dec 2007, 20:16
That's interesting. From Chief Pilot with PAS to Deputy Head of Training with Bond, that sounds like a bit of a comedown to me.

Together with mass resignations in the engineering and pilot training departments, is it really "still not a bad place to work"?

Why the interest, quichemech? I was considering applying for a position at PAS but I'm not so sure now.

Fortyodd2
19th Dec 2007, 21:29
That'll add another 5 seconds to his morning drive to work! :)

quichemech
20th Dec 2007, 18:15
Well why don't you go for the interview anyway?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

As for what's going wrong. Well, I'm sure you can ask at your interview, the answer you can then share with the rest of us. I'm sure it will make interesting reading.:D

Whilst you're in Gloucester why not arrange at interview with Bond. You'll then kill 2 birds with one stone.

Having had the pleasure of working for both of them I can tell you that they're not vastly different, so that will just leave the Money! I'm sure you've already worked out who's paying more. :rolleyes:

Skidkid
20th Dec 2007, 22:33
Thank you and I might just do that. I suspect, though, that management, at an interview, are not going to admit that things are going wrong (if they are of course) or give the true reasons why a large number of people are resigning, wouldn't you agree? Money is not an over-riding factor but I would prefer to work for the more happier company.

That's why I am trying to glean some information on this anonymous forum. I suspect from the way you write that you may well be management yourself, so how about an anonymous insight?

ShyTorque
21st Dec 2007, 00:09
I'll bet he'll trade for an anonymous look at your CV :E

tiptarget
21st Dec 2007, 12:48
As I understand they have no EC135 contracts anymore, having lost out to Eurocopter UK for the Western Counties contract (a PAS stronghold).

The word on the street is there gave a very poor presentation to the consortium of EC135 T1 customers looking to replace there aircraft in 2010

So do they have all their eggs in one basket, a badly supported product?

quichemech
21st Dec 2007, 12:52
Goodness, I must dumb down a bit on my posts.

Not management really, nearly there:rolleyes:

As for happier place of work, as I said in my experience not a lot between them, but I gather that has changed in the couple of years since I left. From what I gather the team in red is probably more so at the moment, but you know how things change in this business;)

Thud_and_Blunder
23rd Dec 2007, 10:32
Hmm, I'm not doing very well these days with my reading skills. RB is joining as DCTC, not DHoT. Thanks, EC! Right, I'm off to fan myself with an acronym decode list...

Skidkid
23rd Dec 2007, 18:23
What's that then? Deputy Chief Training Captain at a guess. Sounds more or less the same as Deputy Head of Training.

MINself
23rd Dec 2007, 19:48
If a measure of experience, dedication and hard work is pay then the latest offering will hopefully give some extra Christmas cheer to those concerned, but you can't please all of the people all of the time, or is that any of the time?

ShyTorque
24th Dec 2007, 11:50
But Bertie,

When you and I left PAS some years ago, due to reasons beyond our control, we were offered a significant pay CUT as the incentive to stay in the same job, weren't we? :\

At least it is a pay rise, at any rate. I'm not getting one at all this year. :hmm:

ShyTorque
24th Dec 2007, 16:08
I'm intrigued, sounds bad then, how so? :confused:

Fly_For_Fun
27th Dec 2007, 00:15
If PAS have lost so many members of staff, where are they advertising for replacements (or are they not) and how are they managing to provide a real service to their customers?

quichemech
27th Dec 2007, 08:25
Check their website for vacancies.