PDA

View Full Version : School\Academy in london from 0 to atpl...

Captain_djaffar
15th Dec 2007, 09:33
hi...i've been retrieving infromation round the net to find a school in london(uk) where i could start off from a complete jaa ppl to fATPL,but its either i'm not good at searching or there isnt any provider for these courses.i hit against only flying clubs with no cpl or fatpl providers.

I've been to U.k few years ago and someone told me at london city airport there is an academy...???can someone confirm it please?
It's in my options to do my training there in london....got relatives there so accomodation will be reduced.

thank you very much for your help in advance.

captainjohno
15th Dec 2007, 14:00
have you tried stapleford flight centre?

Captain_djaffar
15th Dec 2007, 17:35
thanks buddy:)..i've tried and found at last stapleford..but still its within a considerate distance to or from london..say i reside in woodgreen or charlton.(got relatives there).

i am trying to see if there are schools within the London area itself...if i am not wrong...i'll have to pay the tolls each time i leave london innit?that will be useful money wasted daily in this case.

i guess no cpl (a) providers available then.i've searched and searched and ...fiooouf...only ppl's and atpl's.

thanks for your reply mate..still if there is someone who can help or at least advice me which other school is nearer...please do..i'll be grateful...i'll treat you someday;)

whowhenwhy
16th Dec 2007, 09:59
the problem with the london area itself is that it's built-up. Houses and airfields tend to be mutually exclusive. You're going to have to travel outisde London - Wycombe Air Park, Elstree, Fairoaks, White Waltham, Stapleford etc etc. You can get ab-initio to ATPL courses, but you're going to spend a lot of money!