PDA

View Full Version : Charred remains fall from aircraft

mini
13th Dec 2007, 21:39
Strange...

"The charred remains of a man thought to have fallen from an aircraft were found in a garden in a Paris suburb, police officials said.
The man was almost certainly stowed away in the landing gear of an aircraft when he fell, officials said.
Police were trying to identify the burned body, found by a resident in Soisy-sous-Montmorency, officials said. The town, north of the French capital, is on the flight path of the nearby Charles de Gaulle airport.
An autopsy has been ordered, officials said."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/burned-body-fell-from-plane/2007/12/14/1197568206313.html

Earl
13th Dec 2007, 21:44
Charred remains?
Maybe they mean frozen.
Media again!

Huck
13th Dec 2007, 22:13
Pressed against a bleed air duct, perhaps? Or a hydraulic boost pump?

yachtno1
14th Dec 2007, 00:47
Huck .. it's either a hydraulic pump .. or a fuel booster pump!:ok:

TwoOneFour
14th Dec 2007, 07:36
Charred remains?
Maybe they mean frozen.
Media again!

And given that they use the word 'burned' twice in the story, maybe they mean 'charred'. :rolleyes:

ScottyDoo
14th Dec 2007, 09:32
Who cares?

Maybe the frenchman who was no doubt really a Moroccan, and a hungry one at that, thanked allah and was cooking him up on his hibachi when the pigs arrived???

Sorry to encourage an aviation-aspect to this tale and offend the earthbound amongst us but any hydraulic pump hot enough to "char" is about as long for this world as the homeless bum who was wrapped around it.

J-NUS
14th Dec 2007, 09:47
If I was going to try to stow away, I would try to jump in the hold while the door was still open, does that happen ever?

ScottyDoo
14th Dec 2007, 09:57
Please refrain from giving would-be stowaways ideas on how to do it.

That is about as smart as telling people what the hijack squawk (69) is or the secret code for the bullet-proof doors on all airplanes. (8888 on Chinese airplanes)

Avitor
14th Dec 2007, 09:59
Incineration? Born out of desperation. Best stowaway on a boat or steal a pushbike. No aviation education. :eek:

Earl
14th Dec 2007, 12:34
freezer burnt

sitigeltfel
14th Dec 2007, 13:45
I have read a number of French news reports about this incident and nowhere is the the phrase "burnt" mentioned. What is stated is that the paramedics determined that he would have been alive when he fell from the wheel well due to the body temperature readings they took on arrival at the scene. Probably someone using Babelfish to translate:ugh:

The suspicion is that the body is South American.

AircraftOperations
14th Dec 2007, 18:41
I believe the translation could mean "dark skinned" rather than "burnt".