PDA

View Full Version : Oxford Aviation

iain32
13th Dec 2007, 20:32
Hi there,

As i live in Scotland i have sat Highers and standard grades. I am currently working towards more highers. I was wondering why on the OAT website it only states GCSE grades? I wanted to know what the requirements were for someone with Scottish qualifications?

Thankyou

Iain32

bajadj
13th Dec 2007, 22:21
about 70,000 pounds i would think. don't think oat are too fussy whether it's bank of scotland or england to be honest. :ok::ok:

Adios
13th Dec 2007, 22:54
I think if you read again, you'll see it states GCSE or equal or higher, so the Scots should be just fine if they have ordinaries or highers in the relevant topics.

captain_rossco
14th Dec 2007, 07:01
You'll not have any problems , give Toni or Kelly a ring in cutomer services, probably THE most helpful individuals on the planet!

:ok:

captainjohno
14th Dec 2007, 11:08
about 70,000 pounds i would think. don't think oat are too fussy whether it's bank of scotland or england to be honest. not mentioning another £20,000 for a type rating!!

Adios
14th Dec 2007, 11:27
Badadj,

I don't think any business cares what bank a customers payments come from, nor should they. You are very wrong though if you think Oat practices cheque book selection. Since you are a student there, why don't you enquire what the failure rate on skills assessment is? Your comment just doesn't make sense.

What they care about is the likelihood that people will finish the course. The £70 grand will only be theirs if the student finishes. They appear to be booking seats on the April course right now. A four month queue tells me they have no shortage of applicants and can sell every seat. Why then would they just sign up any doe eyed wannabe with £70K, rather than selecting those who might actually be able to finish so they can collect the whole £70K instead of dropping many of them in ground school after collecting 1/10 that amount?

Criticize them all you want for flashy marketing or whatever, but they are not as dumb as your remark implies.

captainjohno
14th Dec 2007, 12:06
Adois is absolutely correct. No FTO in the world is going other a training package if you do not possess the correct mental faculty and maturity to complete the course - even if you are loaded!. The purpose of spending £300.00 on a 2 day skills assessment is to determine the above.

Life's a Beech
14th Dec 2007, 13:46
£70k???? £70,000???? is that what OATS charge now?

What is it, something like £5k for ground school nowadays, about 170 hours if I remember rightly for integrated courses. So they are charging £380 an hour on average? More than the most expensive hours in my training (IR on a twin, in the UK) as an average per hour? Is some of the training still stateside, where everyone else pays about £50 an hour?

OATS certainly are not dumb. Good to see they've changed their customer care though. They were, when I looked a few years back, the most unhelpful people on the planet!