PDA

View Full Version : Ghpa Gets A Green Light

rotorjay
13th Dec 2007, 02:16
Rumour is CHC Global is going Union.
Global Helicopter Pilots Accociation is on its way to being approved.
Does anyone have a gen?:D:D

myassisgrass
13th Dec 2007, 14:30
The GHPA is alive and very well indeed. Under the CIRB mandate, it requires 3 prerequisites before they can consider that they have jurisdiction on any application for certification. One of these is that they must have "federal work or undertakings" in this case, because of the international nature of our business, outside of Canada. CHC claimed that they did not and that therefore the CIRB did not have jurisdiction. The CIRB, in it's decision, ruled that "federal works or undertakings" are indeed taking place.The 2nd objection (one we need to resolve as yet) is that they are not the TRUE employer of the pilots. We hope to put that issue to rest soon. Next will come the vote count...who counts and who doesn't!
Spread the word....GHPA is alive and not only kicking but firing on all cylinders. Encourage the pilots to join....we need active members as there will be lots to do once we're certified.

donut king
13th Dec 2007, 15:42
NICE! KEEP IT ROLLING BOYS!
CHL EMS...now Offshore!
Are we finally learning?
DK

MamaPut
13th Dec 2007, 17:47
Maybe we should try and get Bristow on board as well - they seem to be in need of something :uhoh:.

offshoreigor
20th Dec 2007, 12:03
Hi Guys,
I know its been a while but I need some advice on posting info on sites. PPruNe is easy but the GHPA site is a little bit more tricky. We need to upload the CIRB Decision to the GHPA site but it's a STICKLER. Any suggestions?
:ugh:OffshoreIgor:ugh:

northseaspray
21st Dec 2007, 19:19
Under construction:

http://www.chc-pa.com/index.html

Plakstift
22nd Dec 2007, 10:36
Northspray!

All I can say is !! WOW !!

northseaspray
22nd Dec 2007, 11:57
Plakstift,

please note that the associations are listed in alphabetical order, so if someone with an "A" in the beginning of the name should join up, they will then be on top of the list.. :ok:

Plakstift
22nd Dec 2007, 22:44
Very well done, Northspray.

I work for GO and it was known to us before we started the association that it would proved more difficult than any other division to get certification.

We are real mixed of international resources. The biggest hurdle that our lawyer warned us about was "jurisdiction of the Canadian labor board". CHC GO had a long list of objections against our application and the one they were banking on was "jurisdiction".

After 10 months of deliberation the board ruled that it had jurisdiction and, after reading the ruling, it had very strong arguments to support its ruling. GO immediately appealed the decision but unless they have something drastically new it is unlikely that it will be reversed. GO pulled every tricks in the hat on the first hearing.

The other objections that the board has to rule on are, in my view, a lot easier and clear cut. The next ruling expected from the CIRB is on GO next objection.

Indeed GO claim that they are not the true employer of its pilot and in fact pilots are true employees of the local companies. i.e.: TAS in Thailand, ACN in Nigeria and so forth and so on.

It is very interesting to see how GO is fighting like a devil swimming in holy water. GO will pull every tactics possible to extend and stall the certification process and that only polarized the view of the association’s members.

My personal opinion is that, in light of the last and most important ruling, the association will be certified in about a year's time from now.

Then the CHC-PA could, with pride, update the GHPA status to "completed".

From somewhere in Africa that starts with an "N"... Plakstift.