PDA

View Full Version : KWS Helicopter pilot found

Soap Box Cowboy
12th Dec 2007, 18:14
Was there a thread on this crash? Just read they found the pilot after he crashed near mount Kenya, survived by eating leaves and drinking rain water. I'll try and post the link.

Makes me think compulsory survival training isn't such a bad idea for all bush pilots.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7138832.stm

406pilot
12th Dec 2007, 18:27
hi,

is this another one or the same one? i was in nairobi about a month ago when a kws chopper pilot was missing but was found,apparently survived on leaves and urine alone..this guy was ex-kenya airforcepilot so survival training not an issue then...

just an personal question for soap box if u were left out like tht would u prefer a bck of cigarrettes or some food instead?

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

Soap Box Cowboy
12th Dec 2007, 18:32
Yeah it's the same crash as before, just saw the article on BBC, wondered why there was nothing on Prune

Oooh that is an intresting dilema, hmmm think I would go for the food, the being trapped in the bush with no Duka's around would definetly help with the quiting smoking :}

Though instead of eating the leaves I might try to roll them and smoke them :E

Maybe should spend some time with you and Mo stealing my lighters and matches that worked the last time :ok:

406pilot
13th Dec 2007, 18:23
hi,

well mo is too busy preparing for his great quantas inteview, and im too busy studying for my sim coming up next, i miss the soup and salad with friends...may be this will motivate you to quit...

i was standing outside tb1 not in my uniform and i heard these 2 coastal frequent flyers chirping to each other as u taxied in...one said to the other im gonna count from 1 to 10 after the pilot has shut down the engine he is gonna jump out and light a cigarrette....guess wht? u didnt dissapoint him...

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot