PDA

View Full Version : S76 Emergency Exits

wde
12th Dec 2007, 15:43
A question:

We have a concern with our EMS programme. If we have a Neo Natal isolet on the stretcher in the helicopter and have an accident where the aircraft rolls over, then what are the emergency exits available to the crew?

In my opinion, all 4 doors are de-facto emergency exits. While it may be difficult to self-extricate from the rear cabin, it is not impossible.

Any feedback or advise on this issue? does anyone know how many rollover accidents the S76 has had?

Thanks in advance.

W

Gomer Pylot
12th Dec 2007, 16:01
The doors are all emergency exits, and should be marked as such. It's also possible to install pop-out windows in the rear doors, so that it's not necessary to be able to open the doors, you can just push the windows out and exit. Rollover accidents in the S76 are rare, as are most other accidents.

gulliBell
12th Dec 2007, 21:29
Further to GP's comment, all the S76 accidents I can recall have occurred at sea. There's one I know of where a MLG collapsed on one side but it didn't roll over.

jolly girl
13th Dec 2007, 18:06
I recommend you contact the manufacturer via your Field Service Representative or [email protected] ([email protected]).