PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lunam ex PLH

huey
12th Dec 2007, 12:55
Hi,
Does anyone have a contact for Neil Lunam who used to run PLH.
Many Thanks
Huey
I have already posted this in the Where are they now forum but I think more people may know Neil in Rotorheads.

huey
14th Dec 2007, 07:18
Surely there is some Rotorheads in the UK who did some of there early training using the services of PLH?

Anyone?

Camp Freddie
14th Dec 2007, 16:09
I dont have the answer, but would like to know what it is !

fluffy5
14th Dec 2007, 16:19
I would like to know as well, hands up to all those that have been PLH'd. :D

Desperately Sea King
14th Dec 2007, 18:07
I'll put my hand up!

huey
14th Dec 2007, 20:01
Is there something going on (or went on) with PLH that I dont know.

I myself did not end up using the services of them but it seems there may bit a few people here who want to catch up with Neil.

Whats the story?

Camp Freddie
1st Jan 2008, 10:08
huey,

thats it I dont know what the story is he dropped out of view a long time ago about 2001/2 something like that, and I have no idea why.

at the time people seemed to have viewed him like marmite i.e. like/not like
all I know is he was very helpful to me and this is just a genuine enquiry

regards

CF

Desperately Sea King
1st Jan 2008, 11:40
If I remember correctly, unfortunately (and I may very well be completely wrong here but do have a hazy recollection of being told something like this at a meeting with the other Neil) somebody was ill, i.e. Neil himself or a family member around that time (2001).

Also the model of the the PLH business was based, and I imagine possibly very reliant on, the Pre-JAR Instructor Rating system - wannabes worked towards and gain their PPL (H) followed by lots of hour building to the requisite amount for an instructors course, all the time putting money in an account with PLH. I imagine the JARs were perhaps not too conducive to the continued success of PLH. Dunno.

Just my understanding/weak recollections. More than happy to be corrected.

tony 1969
3rd Jan 2008, 12:08
I'll put my hand up too, back when I started my PPL, didnt get involved with them after that. No idea where they are now. agree with the "Marmite" comment.

huey
3rd Jan 2008, 16:00
Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who replied.

I am actually only trying to track him down as I have been out of the UK for a number of years and would like to get hold of a good instructor.

If any one knows of an experienced instructor who can teach to JAA CPL level, please let me know.

Huey

tony 1969
5th Jan 2008, 17:16
Where abouts in the country are you ?

huey
6th Jan 2008, 04:54
Will be in the london area.

Bravo73
6th Jan 2008, 12:48
huey,

Helicopter Services (at Wycombe Air Park) will be as good as anyone else. A quick search on here should provide you with plenty of other positive recommendations for them.

HTH.