PDA

View Full Version : Sky News How did they find out??

P1V1T1
12th Dec 2007, 12:26
i would love to know how Sky news found out about the nutter so fast ?

Do we have an insider amongst us ? since they did make reference to pprune.

JimBall
12th Dec 2007, 13:03
Like most other "news" media - they are constantly scanning YouToob etc for useful (free) stuff to fill the bits between commercials.

Standb for The Battle atKruger hitting primetime screens soon....20m viewers here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU8DDYz68kM) can't be wrong.

And then there's their deep connection with the helicopter world via Redhill....

helimutt
12th Dec 2007, 13:10
or you could just put 2 and 2 together, come up with 5 and blame the first person who mentioned it, but I wouldn't advise it cos you'd be very wrong.
Just like a '350 pilot' who thought it was me!!!! Ccok head!!!

chcoffshore
12th Dec 2007, 13:23
Battle at Kruger get's a :ok:

PPRuNe Radar
12th Dec 2007, 14:50
i would love to know how Sky news found out about the nutter so fast ?

Do we have an insider amongst us ? since they did make reference to pprune.

How did most of the people who read PPRuNe find out do you think ?? :cool:

belly tank
12th Dec 2007, 21:33
The you tube footage was shown on our local news station last night!!.it was described as "A wild ride gone out of control!!":{

P1V1T1
13th Dec 2007, 02:08
Radar aren't you a funny one :} .
little birdy told me a north sea pilot is dating a sky news reporter .
wonder if thats the source

airborne_artist
13th Dec 2007, 13:05
Pprune is frequently quoted/misquoted in news articles, items etc. The Mil section gets the odd journo outing themselves to ask Qs etc. I've no doubt that lazy/smart journos trawl forums looking for stories.

YouTube has rankings lists showing what's hot. Not too hard, really.

Ioan
13th Dec 2007, 17:01
If I went for a career change pprune would still be in my favorites. Incidents like this, accidents; the rumours, speculation, etc. Researchers and journalists aren't thick, they'll use what tools are available to get a story. And can you blame them? It's their job!