PDA

View Full Version : FAA CPL(H) Trg in USA for JAA ATPL holder

warmkiter
12th Dec 2007, 09:57
HI

I am doing my FAA CPL(H) at L.A. Helicopters and would like to get a JAA CPL(H) later on. I have got a JAA ATPL. What do i need for the licence conversion. How much do i get credits for the fixed wing ATPL?

When i take the FAA CPL(H) exams in USA, do i get there credit for my FAA CPL(A)?

thanks a lot for infos

ps. flying rotary is more fun:)

lars

chcoffshore
12th Dec 2007, 13:43
Have a good read of Lasors! All your q's on Jaa should be answer'd!

darrenphughes
13th Dec 2007, 03:11
Visit www.captonline.com (http://www.captonline.com/)

I just started their course about 3 weeks ago for the ATPL(H), after getting my FAA CPL and CFI certificates during the year in Fresno, CA. From what I gather, it's the first JAA ATPL course that is purely helicopter specific including the exams. I think they have a CPL course also.

Contact Phil Croucher at [email protected]. He is pretty easy to deal with and will answered all my questions.

Best of luck in LA.

warmkiter
13th Dec 2007, 12:34
hi guys

thanks for the answers, but just to clarify.
i have allready a JAA ATPL for airplanes and a FAA CPL for airplanes
i am getting a FAA CPL for Helicopters and would like to get a JAA CPL for helicopters. so thats the info i need for.
whats the way to convert my FAA CPL(H) to a JAA CPL(H)?
thanks
lars

ps. by the way, what is lasors?

rotor beetle
13th Dec 2007, 14:10
Hi Warmkiter,

sorry, but no credits from the FAA tickets to the JAA. You'll get a credit in some subjects such as Met, Nav, Air Law and so on, from your JAA ATPL (A) towards the JAA CPL-H.
I did it the other way around 3 y ago. It's called a bridge course.
Contact CAT (Civil Aviation Training) in Worms for details or search website.

Viel spass! ;)

RB

rotor beetle
14th Dec 2007, 12:40
TS,

I'm sure he would have to do a written exam! At least in the helicopter specific subjects such as performance, weight and balance, aerodynamics, ops proced. and so on.
Maybe different in UK tho.

Cheers

RB

warmkiter
15th Dec 2007, 06:37
thanks guys, this was what i was looking for...

about the JAA CPL(H)...

so no credits for that.. what about getting a JAA PPL(H). must get at least sometimes airborne with a rotorcraft in good old europe...

wie wars da bei CAT in Worms?
war das ok? bin bei hansels copi in FRA und könnte da vorbeischauen...

thx

lars

darrenphughes
16th Dec 2007, 14:14
Sorry dude, I obviously didn't read your post properly before jumping in feet first with a reply!! Whoops!:*

lady in red
16th Dec 2007, 18:03
I had an ATPL (A) and then did the CPL(H) through the JAA system. I go credit for all the written exams except one - P of F (H) and I also got a 50 hour credit on doing the CPL flying course so I could start it with 105 hours total. Incidentally there was no credit for the hours to get a FI(H) even though I had 6000 FI(A) hours and I had to get the full 250 hours on helicopters to do the FI course, though I got credit of 75 hours on the ground school element. Hope this helps.

warmkiter
16th Dec 2007, 22:53
hi guys

thanks a lot for the infos.

lars

JAA/FAA Pilot
19th Dec 2007, 20:34
There are all your answers. If I had to do what you plan on doing, this is the school!