PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Cadetship 2008

2ndGen
12th Dec 2007, 05:40
Hi there, has anybody who applied for next year's cadetship (specifically the ab-initio/PPL course at Swinburne) heard from Qantas HR yet, either to come in for testing or just a 'thanks but no thanks?' I got an email from them saying that every applicant would have a response by 30th November. Now its the middle of December, and I have heard squat. I am starting to worry, as (I know this sounds arrogant please don't take it the wrong way) I have well over and above what they require for the course, brilliant marks in all my exams etc so far and would expect to at least take part in the psych/skills testing. Do HR give you a response even if their decision is a negative? I am spending my days studying and learning as much as I can, I can't fly right now cos I'm broke and can't get a loan until I know whether I am in or not. It's becoming very demotivating and demoralising. I have heard that nobody has done testing or interviews yet, and that nobody has heard from them but this doesn't sound correct to me for many obvious reasons. Any responses greatly appreciated.

2ndGen
12th Dec 2007, 11:59
Cheers thanks for that. I'm new to pprune and have already had one post moved so i'll be more careful where i post! I applied ages ago, mid August I think, not November. I know how tough the competition is going to be don't worry lol. I get reminded regularly by my family! I shall have to just keep patient! If you get any more info please keep me posted! BTW I would agree with you about GA however the financial side is actually harder where I am sitting, as the course Qantas are offerring has FEE-HELP for the flying component of the training, which is good for my position. Cheers!

wichitalineman
2nd Jan 2008, 09:00
Hi mate,

How did you go? Get a reply?

Im currently involved in the same process.

coolridge
2nd Jan 2008, 10:55
If you applied for for the Swinburn degree then I think stage 2 might be over? I did stage 2 about a month ago and I'm going for the interview on Monday

bluedog99
2nd Jan 2008, 12:11
yea, i think you may be right coolridge. i did the psych tests at the end of november and have the interview and medical on monday too!

good luck! :)

aimhi
3rd Jan 2008, 06:39
I know that there are stage 2 of CPP being held just before the xmas break... not sure if there are more though... hope it helps