PDA

View Full Version : j32 and b200

paul k
11th Dec 2007, 14:24
hello, i have the folowing question:

if i get a job on a jetsream 32 or beech king air 200 will these aircraft count for an mcc exemption provided i get 500 hrs on them and do they require a type rating to fly? will they be sufficient to unfreeze the jaa atpl?

pk

portsharbourflyer
11th Dec 2007, 16:29
Not sure if you are referring to JAA or TC regs.
But as JAA is concerned the Jetstream 32 is a multi-crew aircraft so you will need an MCC course before starting the type rating. As it is a multi crew aircraft then you can unfreeze your ATPL.

The King Air also requires a type rating, as a single crew aircraft you will not require an mcc for the rating;
If you work for a company that operates the King Air on a multi crew AOC and you are employed as the FO then if you log 500 hours of multi crew time you will be exempted from doing an MCC course. Although this gives you 500 multi crew time you will not "unfreeze" the ATPL until you have completed a multi crew type rating.

paul k
11th Dec 2007, 21:37
ahh i see. ok i am seeking employment in my native canada with future plans to work in europe. i am doing a d/l course. i am trying to get a job on a two crew aircraft in canada so when the time comes for jaa atpl and working in europe i am good to go.

thanks,

pk