PDA

View Full Version : Shackleton model.

Dan D'air
11th Dec 2007, 11:13
Does anyone have any use for a model Shackleton? I found it whilst clearing out the loft and it seems a shame to just throw it. Its a Frog one, 1:72 scale and as far as I can see all the bits are there, including the instructions. I don't have the time for ebay, so first come first served.

mlc
11th Dec 2007, 11:24
Well, my nine year old is getting into mode making in a serious way now, so I'm sure he would appreciate it

(And he's good at it as well) :)

PPRuNe Pop
11th Dec 2007, 11:24
Well, my 11 year old grandson is in to modelling now and I was, and I would be happy to help him with it. Anyway, a Shack HAS to be built!

Very kind of you, what next? I live in Surrey too. (North).

PPP

Wader2
11th Dec 2007, 11:40
Dan,

Shame, thought for a moment that Corgi had one.

EBAY.

It is a rare model and far too good for sprogs.

I believe a modeller would reduce all the rivets to the right size, then probably copy of the tips tanks, convert it to a tail dragger etc etc.

Gainesy
11th Dec 2007, 11:59
Get a Lanc model and whack the two together into a Lincoln.

GeeRam
11th Dec 2007, 12:04
Does anyone have any use for a model Shackleton? I found it whilst clearing out the loft and it seems a shame to just throw it. Its a Frog one, 1:72 scale and as far as I can see all the bits are there, including the instructions. I don't have the time for ebay, so first come first served.
That's generous....they are worth quite a bit in boxed, unmade form.
When I sold the stash of unmade kits I found in my parents loft about 10 years ago, a Frog Shack (which was one of them) was selling for over 30 quid......prices may have changed since then.
I can remember the name of the place, and a quick google see's they still appear in business, give 'em a call.
http://www.kingkit.co.uk/kingkit/

My Dad's Little Boy
11th Dec 2007, 12:49
If it's an original Frog Shackleton rather than the Revell re-box, you could be talking some serious money there. Frog model kits are highly collectable. I saw one on sale for £45 about ten years ago. Why don't you try advertising it on aircraftresourcecenter.com?

PPRuNe Pop
11th Dec 2007, 12:54
Sorry, cannot have two threads running re the Sapper.

As I have deleted the post I will drop out from Dan's kind offer. But do please be aware that PPRuNe does not allow 'for sale' items on any forum.

PPP

anotherthing
11th Dec 2007, 13:04
PPRuNe Pop

Fair enough I don't want to upset the apple cart (or the Mods) - it was my post you deleted.... it was a suggestion that had nothing to do with Dan D'air though I was hoping for his agreement - I just thought that instead of giving it away, a pledge of donation to the cause on another thread was a worthy one.

As for not allowing 'for sale' items on PPrune is this a new policy? I recall that a signed picture of the Reds was sold on this very forum less than 6 weeks ago - the money again going to a worthy cause.

this was it -

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=299428

I understand the 'no sales' policy if for an individuals monetary gain, but not for a good cause - especially as the one above was allowed :confused:

Dan D'air
11th Dec 2007, 13:13
It certainly wasn't my intention to appear to be selling it, as I said, it was to be given away (with festive goodwill) to the first bidder. However, as I appear to have opened up a can of worms, my solution is this....

1. I will post a new model of something to mlc for his nipper.
2. Model to go to pprune pop as he would genuinely appreciate it.
3. £20 to go to sappers fund, thus outbidding the deleted reply.

Job done and honour ( hopefully) restored. I shall PM the above two for delivery details.

Oops. DD.

anotherthing
11th Dec 2007, 13:18
DD

I have Pm'd you - it was probably my post that got you in the poo (sorry, I was waiting for your agreement on the matter and it was a suggestion only).

Your first post seemed very clear (to me) that it was your intent to give the kit away and not sell it.

As stated in my original (now deleted by MODs) post, I had no use for a model - I have therefore sent some money to the sapper fund anyway.

Cheers

Anotherthing

mlc
11th Dec 2007, 14:11
Dan, no need to send me anything. It was a kind offer and while the kit would have been nice, you are under no obligation.

Thanks anyway.

PPRuNe Pop
11th Dec 2007, 16:27
The general rule is no selling on PPRuNe except under very special circumstances and with the approval of Danny.

The Sapper thread is running and another one is not required, either directly or indirectly.