PDA

View Full Version : how do you keep your jaa license alive?

7spade
11th Dec 2007, 10:11
seeking work outside the jaa countries. i was wondering how guys flying in the far east keep their jaa licenses alive.
also, anyone tried to have the non-jaa-type-rating on your jar-fcl ticket?
i understand it will be a rough undertakin when you finally decide to move back to europe....
anybody gone thru this?

kwaiyai
11th Dec 2007, 14:00
1)JAA Licence has to be renewed every 5 years and also Now a UK National Prof Licence (you reapply to the issuieng state authority). I cant comment on other JAA states.
2) Dont let any ratings you want to keep lapse more than 5 years.
3) Yes if you are in My position with National ATPL and JAA CPL (Frozen) cos at the time I didnt have 500+ hours on JAA certified MPA (Multi Pilot Aircraft) to get my JAA ATPL. I need to do a Licensing Proficiency check on the type I fly in a JAA state to submit with my old Licence the Form Or I could do a Type rating Course on MPA Type in JAA state. I allready have more than 500 on MPA Type but not in JAA state but have current JAA Medical and IR which is why I must do LPC on type I operate. The alternative is I will join New Company here with JAA CPL if Necessary and get my shiny green on completion of Type course and Test which is paid for by someone else.
Confused you will be:confused:
I cant comment for those with expired licences. Regards,
In UK its all on the CAA website, the requirements for issue, Failing that request a letter of assesment from the Authority.