PDA

View Full Version : St Georges Flight Training (Tees Valley) or Tayside Avation

AJWatson2209
10th Dec 2007, 20:04
Hey,

I am currently looking at starting modular training and I am looking at a few schools.

I live in Edinburgh and im about a 15min drive from Edin flying club however their prices are quite high and mixed with how busy the traffic is at EDI I dont really fancy training their.

I am looking at two other schools now, Tayside Aviation operating from Dundee airport and Fife airport or south of the border to St George’s Flight Training operating from Durham Tees Valley.

After reading other posts from people I am inclined to head south and check out SGFT however I wondered what the availability and weather was like.
I have passed Tayside in Dundee and it looks a nice little airport with a lot of a/c, however the weather is always poor up their whenever I have been there.

Basically I am looking for general experiences from both clubs and wondered if anyone had been/experienced both and any conclusions.

Thanks for your time.

Andrew

MIKECR
10th Dec 2007, 20:55
Great little place at Fife, Tayside not the cheapest though.

Funkie
11th Dec 2007, 11:03
Hi,

I too once went along to the EDI flying club, made some enquires and was basically told to go away, we don't really have the time to training new PPL's - so I did!!:ugh:

Tayside at Fife and Dundee are both good. They have a well proven record of training PPL's and doing CFS work too!! Both good airfields, with Fife having more of a club atmosphere.

Can't really comment on St George's, though Teesside is a bit of drive from EDI.

Have you looked through at Cumbernauld. Great school there called Leading Edge Flight Training.

As for weather, well you are looking at schools in the North East of the UK. You are going to have days with poor weather. Not necessarily a bad thing...

Best of luck!