PDA

View Full Version : Belgian Dauphin

dieseldo
10th Dec 2007, 10:40
There was a Belgian registered 365 with a winch operating out of Humberside yesterday. Anybody know what it was doing?

helimutt
10th Dec 2007, 10:42
It is possible :Ethat is was used to winch an engineer onto a platform off Humberside. No-one was available (read no a/c or crew) this side of the NS to do the job!! Bizarre or what!
How's that for a quick answer?

Oh, and before you ask, the reason an engineer would need winched onto a platform is because maybe the platform only had a small helideck, big enough for only one heli at a time? :ok:

helimutt
11th Dec 2007, 08:31
MS and CB had the pleasure of a night offshore I believe. Dauphin needed some TLC. Wish I could get stuck offshore for a while. Show me the money.
:ok:

Rob_L
11th Dec 2007, 17:59
My contacts in engineering deny any involvement in this.

One of those winched down was an emergency hairdresser called out to assist the captain. The other was a councillor to offer assistance to the cojo, traumatised after a night on the rig with the afore mentioned captain.

A supply boat had to be diverted to the rig as food supplies had run dangerously low during the night.

An attempt by the airforce to drop emergency supplies of Cadburys Roses failed. :):)

helimutt
12th Dec 2007, 08:56
couldn't possibly comment on that Rob.:ok: How could one possibly know about his eating habits?

Brilliant Stuff
15th Dec 2007, 16:17
Was that Captain Teflon by any chance?:}

Being stuck on a rig for the night is not necessarily a picnic especially if it's a satelite and there is only baked beans to be had whilst trying to sleep in a chair with the marine band going every 15 minutes plus being a smoker without any patches. :}:} They did look rough on their return.

Rob_L
16th Dec 2007, 01:39
They always look like that!!!!!!!!

helimutt
16th Dec 2007, 09:06
Was just thinking the same, and as for the beans....! No comment.:=